Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

In My Element

I don't talk about my part-time nanny job much on the blog for the simple fact that I try to respect their privacy and I don't use their names or post pictures of the boy on the blog but today I'm going to break pattern and post a picture of how I'm spending my afternoon "nannying" today.


That's right I'm chilling on the front porch soaking up some sun, sipping on my Diet Cherry Coke from Sonic (thank you Happy Hour!), and blogging. Please don't think I am neglecting the poor child. We've already foraged for a snack and he's playing with his best friend as we speak. I feel like afternoons where all I do is read blogs is karma for all the afternoons I dealt with people at the bank with a smile on my face.



Besides blog reading and enjoying the sunlight I did get out and complete Life as a Running Mom's Leap Year Virtual Run. I started out with Lucky and Sasha and poor Sasha got peed on by Lucky so I took her home and struck out with Lucky to tackle the remaining 2+ miles. Between bathroom stops, a water break for the dog, and dodging an off leash dog we kept a pretty good pace. Besides peeing on Sasha, Lucky probably deserves an extra treat for his behavior on the leash. He managed to let a squirrel cross the street in front of us without chasing it. He did stand very tall and point like I was supposed to do something about it.


In tomorrow's post I'm finally unveiling my races page and showing you all a pretty much finalized list for my 12 in 2012 half marathons!

If you have Sonic, what's your favorite drink to get?
If not, what's your favorite cool drink on a hot day?
Did you run the Leap Year Virtual Run?

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty darn sweet day! I had a cherry/lime something or other at Sonic that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sonic near me :(

    Looks like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting your run in! The weather looks beautiful! I don't thing there is a Sonic around here, but my favorite drink ever is lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Gosh. I really want Sonic now. Poor Sasha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh excited to see your races!! I love sonic drinks, yum. I'm a huge fan of the limeades. Nice job with the run despite the setbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sat out on my porch today also!! It was over 70 degrees in Richmond VA woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nanny too but they don't mind if I talk about Layla. I asked first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm massively jealous of your job right now. I know not every moment is like that, but that's a pretty sweet one. Glad you got to enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE me some sonic. It's a lil bit of a drive for me though, so only when I'm in the area. Also I totally did that run and I forgot to enter my results so thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have Sonic :( I've only had it once, when we were driving to South Carolina for our honeymoon and I loved their ice cream!

    I love to have lemonade on a hot day!

    I also ran the Leap Year Virtual Run and did 3.01 miles in 28:45 (with some Garmin issues since it was raining and then it wouldn't let me stop it!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't have Sonic in Vermont. I love that you were sitting outside inthe sun at work. I am a counselor in a residential home for teens and sometimes at work I think "Wow, I'm getting paid for this" like when we went sliding the other day, or for a long walk around town and got yummy hot chocolate, and somedays when a kiddo is having a bad day and yelling me me/everyone else, I think "You can't pay me enough for this". Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmmm, SONIC!! Love their HH! I usually get Diet DP or Sprite Zero with a flavor added in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. no sonic near me - but I'd take the sitting outside in the sunshine any day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a successful day at work! I have never had Sonic. We have them, but I have never been there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I worked at Sonic all through high school. I love their grilled cheese, tater tots, and coconut cream pie shake. Delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!