Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Double Fisting with a Run Mixed In

After the tornadoes changed our plans for driving to Birmingham I decided to make the most of it and do what any sane person would on a Saturday: eat Mexican food, then fro yo, and follow that up with Starbuck's on Saturday. Don't go crazy because I only ate one soft taco, a nice helping of white chocolate mousse fro yo with no toppings, and sipped on my venti skinny vanilla latte for the rest of the day! I didn't go completely overboard, right?!

Can't go wrong with this combo!
We did take the dogs on a short walk yesterday afternoon so I wasn't completely inactive. I also caught up on all of your blogs so apologies if you had several emails with my comments flood your inbox! This morning I woke up and immediately wanted to go ahead and do the 3.4 Mile Birthday Virtual Run to celebrate From Couch to Ironwoman's birthday. Someone (cough, cough) stayed up a little late last night playing Star Wars so I was running by myself and apparently no one else was awake either because I only saw one person out and about in our neighborhood and the one next to us.

Happy Birthday!!!
To make up for not having any pictures of me while I was running (or right before or after) I made a birthday sign for the birthday girl! I completed the 3.4 miles in 49:15. It was a nice leisurely run/walk and there were a couple of times that I got so lost in my thoughts I had to remind myself to run. I did try out my new Nathan Sprint which I plan to use for 5K's. It was perfect and holds just the right amount for me for a run of that distance and it's pink so what's not to love?!

Love this!

Time to run so we can leave for Allan's first soccer game of the season. Go Turtles! Before I go please take a moment to vote for Ali Mc's mom here. She blogs over at Running with Spatulas and she is trying to win some Tommie Copper gear for her sweet mom!

Did you do the virtual run to celebrate From Couch to Ironwoman's birthday?

Do you use different handheld water bottles or fuel belts depending on how long you are running?

22 comments:

  1. Ah, I didn't do the virtual run but would have loved to! I'm so behind on blogs from being gone that I must have missed it. Sigh.

    I don't use any water contraptions but I need to fix that. I'm training for 2 halfs and a full so I really need to get better about my water intake while running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the run and I love my birthday message!

    Thank you again for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both hand held and fuel belt. The fuel belt is larger but holds a larger bottle, and my sport beans and keys. The hand held I use on shorter runs. I go back and forth on which one I like better. I want to try a smaller fuel belt that is less bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a handheld, but hate running with things in my hands so I mostly just use my fuel belt and only for runs over 6 miles. I also use it for half marathon races. I love having my hydration handy during a race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't use the handheld bottles. For some reason they drive me nuts.

    Congrats on your virtual race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love skinny vanilla lattes! Great job getting your run in for Jamie's bday too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUZ you are the nicest EVER!!!!!! :) thanks so much. and I walked the virtual race but I love Jamie and can't wait to meet her in person!

    I'm not going to lie, your title had me a little worried lol

    I want a fuel belt - true story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaaah I can't wait to have lattes again :) I love handheld water bottles - my Nathan one has been around for about 5 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay, I"m so jealous. I have that same handheld, but just in gray. PInk was never an option when I got it :( I've used it for every run, but it's not enough for my long runs now, so I just bought a bigger one today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so want to get a teeny water bottle for shorter distances. I hate lugging my big one. That pink is wayyy cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any run shorter than say 7 miles I will do without a water bottle. I'll leave one at the start/stop and get a big drink when I'm done. But once I hit 8 miles or longer, I carry a hydration pack; a small 2L pack filled up to match however long I'm running. As much as it can be a bother with chaffing in the warmer months (with no shirt on), I find it much easier to run with a backpack than carrying something in my hand. It also works great for days where I'm not sure how the weather's going to hold out; I can carry a change of shirt, gloves, extra headband, keys, wallet, and phone with me. It works out well since my long runs seem to turn into exploratory runs.

    I won't wear a fuel belt until about a month prior to a road race - more so for getting used to the feel. But I honestly prefer going without it whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good Saturday to me!! :D Great job with the virtual run. It's nice being out early in the morning when it's quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo for a good run/walk/jog! I did one of those last Friday (I think..or Thurs?) and it was super relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have done a lot of virtual runs lately or did I make that up? That's awesome though! And you totally made me want some fro yo! Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so glad you all are safe after the crazy weekend of tornadoes. one thing i do not miss about ky for sure is the weather...i am terrified of tornadoes. that food combo sounds so perfect. jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No way....can't have one thing in my hand except my ipod. Although I now stick it in the ifitness belt and just wearing that has taken me a bit getting used to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm so glad you guys are okay! what crazy weather! i got a quickdraw bottle but have yet to use it :( maybe when it warms up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wouldn't call that going overboard at all! I call that a leisurely, comfortable Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh snap - now I am craving Mexican Food!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOOHHH Tell me how you liked your bottle!! I need one!! and Im afraid to purchase one for fear I wont like it or it will feel awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love early morning runs! I have a handheld, but I actually prefer to wear my fuel belt. Love the pink though :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love my amphipod handheld. I take it with me all the time, including for lots of races. Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!