Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crazy Week & A Winner

It's Tuesday and I haven't blogged about the wonderful weekend we had in Atlanta. From the delicious food to the sightseeing to blogger meetups it was quite an experience! Oh yea and I ran a half marathon which was fun! I promise to fill your google readers (or whatever blog reading tool you use) with Atlanta posts Wednesday-Friday but for now I'll leave you with some updates on what's happened since then and announce a winner of our Blogaversary Giveaway!

Might as well start with a cute picture!

yes, that's MY dog on MY pillow in MY bed (he got down and slept on his Snoozy when I went to bed)
Sunday we decided to try to make it all the way home after picking up the dogs at my parent's house. We made a stop in Auburn for lunch and chowed down on Momma G's sandwiches and nachos. Yum! Then we drove the last hour and were greeted by crazy dogs who had WAY too much pent up energy (Daddy-you must run them even if they look tired!). We were only there long enough to rearrange our bags, throw some more stuff in the car, and tell my parents hi and bye. The dogs were restless for the next 3+ hours driving from Montgomery to Madison since we had the joy of driving home in Spring Break traffic which was stop and go the entire way.

NONE of this

Or THIS
After six total hours in the car we were overjoyed to see our house and Allan's mom waiting on the front steps. We were able to spend a few moments with her as she headed home from Kentucky. Once she left we unloaded the car and started to relax only to find that we had no internet or TV. Allan checked things out but it looked like the box outside was out so after a brief call to AT&T to line up someone to come out Monday morning Allan may have crawled into bed with the dog and gone to sleep. I, however, curled up with a good book and read the entire thing before passing out at midnight. Alright winner time!

Comment #97 belongs to....Julie at ROJ Running! Congratulations Julie! Shoot me an email with your mailing address when you get a chance and I'll get your package out to you ASAP!

Have no fear there are many more giveaways to come in the future since I seem to have no trouble finding things at the store that I think at least one of you can't live without!

Side note: I'm trying to clean out my google reader but please be patient. The cleaning fairy did not bring her sister the laundry fairy while I was out of town so this week is only going t get crazier!

22 comments:

  1. Congrats to Julie! And glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww I love the doggies :) Rex has that duck - lasts about 5 mins....but he loves them.

    Congrats on your fun Atlanta visit. I was so envious reading everyone's posts about meeting you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Julie & your trip looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness those puppies are so cute and sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winner and oh man, those dogs are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a good time. That is awesome.Love the pics. I bet you were tired. I'm not a fan of traveling very far. I get so antsy in the car. Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy weeks all around for everyone! Good luck with the post trip hangover- I hate all of the work it takes just to get back into routine. I can't wait to hear all about the race!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such sweet dogs!! so jealous of momma g’s!! and i cant believe you sat in a car for 6 hours after running! impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had such a great time in Atlanta and thanks for the doggie pics, oh, and Allan too!

    Congrats to Julie for winning your generous giveaway!

    Can't wait to read about your race.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww such cute pics, glad you guys had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aweee yay!!! Congrats to Julie! Hope your week calms down a bit! I love the puppy pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the great doggy pictures! Especially that first one. Sounds like you had a pretty good trip, getting home is usually my favorite part about traveling :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats julie and i love the pup pics!! can't wait to hear about your trip and race!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dog does the same thing! But my husband has been known to spoon her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to Julie! Can't wait to hear about the race in ATL. I really wanted to be there.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home and congrats to Julie! Love the cutie dog pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't imagine doing a trip like that with dogs! Glad you had a good trip. When you find the laundry fairy, send her my way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend, I can't wait to read all about it!

    Love your dogs, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute picture! I can't wait to hear the recap of the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to hear all about your weekend! It seems like it was pretty darn busy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to Julie, what a lucky duck!

    What great little traveling companions :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW I'm so excited. I never thought I'd actually win! Woot! Love the dog stealing your side of the bed. Mine does that ALL THE TIME

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!