Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Virtual Run in my Altra Intuitions

Maine Mom on the Run is hosting a virtual run for her runniversary. It's 2 miles so that should be doable for most people and the best part: there's a runner's goodie bag up for grabs for one lucky winner!!! If I had to guess I would imagine it will probably be a good one! You have until Valentine's Day to get your 2 mile run in so stop by and sign up if you are interested.

Blue just happens to be my favorite color!




I got my 2 mile run in earlier this week after I received my Altra Intuitions in the mail that I won from Average Jane Runs when she hosted a huge raffle for her St. Jude Marathon. I ran my normal pace (which has been SLOW as of lately) but I took a couple of breaks to walk to see how the shoes were feeling and to make sure they weren't giving me any blisters. Granted this was only a 2 mile run but they felt great and I'm anxious to take them out for a longer run.

I never include these on the blog so I thought why not?!
Right now the dogs and I are anxiously awaiting a phone call from Allan. He is taking his GRE this morning and we have baked him a cake. As you can see I can't do anything in the kitchen without help! The sound of the Kitchen Aid stand mixer apparently means food!

We just want to help you!
And yes, that is a huge tray of Reese's cups on the shelf under the mixer!

18 comments:

  1. my dogs would never leave those reeses alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so, so brave for putting the Reece's there! My dogs would have those annihilated the second I turn my back!

    Lookin' forward to more info on the shoes - glad you had a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not only would my dogs go for the reeses, anytime they're in sight i can't seem to stop eating them either! I hope Allan crushes the GRE's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute. As soon as my dog hears anything in the kitchen, in she comes. I am like Really? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my altras but have only done 3 miles in them....I've heard you have to ease into them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interested in how the Altras work out for you. Your dogs look so sweet! Hope those GREs went well...I remember those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you end up loving your altras! I heart mine so very much. happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the virtual run, I'm probably going to do it on Wednesday.

    I hope Allan's GRE exam went well, I took it last year and it wasn't too bad but I was exhausted after!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am cracking up at your pups! mine is the same way! hope allan's exam went well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck Allan! I still have not taken the GRE, but have done some practice tests and the problem is that I learned all that stuff so long ago! I can only keep so much retained in my head at a time and Geometry is pretty much gone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that picture! Hope the cake turned out with all the help... :)

    We have a huge stash of Reese peanut butter cups too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope he did well!!!!! Tests like that are so stressful. The Altra's are cool. I'm interested to hear what you think about them. I've tried them on a few times, but they just don't fit my feet quite right. (My feet are a very, very odd shape). Hope you love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pic of the dogs! My Mokey is afraid of the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So interested in the Altras! Can't wait to hear how you like them as you wear them more.
    Last week I cooked up a storm in the kitchen and Moab the dog was never far away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the picture of the dogs waiting by the mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed reading your posts about the wedding and your questions and answers! The pic of the dogs is precious. I grew up with German Shepards and miss having a dog. I need to check out that virtual run. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh darn... two mile run, even I could have done that... I'm sad I missed it. I love those shoes! :) And I want some Reeses... haha. no but really, I need to go find some Reeses to eat now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!