Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

Oh Randomness that I posted on Friday was literally one of the longest blog posts I've ever written and it took me over an HOUR to finish it! Apparently it published but then disappeared. I was tagged by 8 different people for the 11 random things posts and I answered two questions from each of them and shared 4 or 5 random things about us. I put lots of time and thought into all my answers which was wasted! Sorry if my replies to your comments sounded sarcastic. I had no idea you guys were seeing nothing! Oops! The fact that I wrote that post at 2:00 AM means that I can't really remember what I was going to share so forgive me.

This is the only picture I can remember downloading for last Friday's post
The lab picture shows one of the cases that made me interested in pursuing a Master's in Animal Breeding and Genetics. I see a dog and wonder about things like this just like Allan's sees something complex and mechanical and wants to figure out how it works! We make for an interesting pair!

Moving on...

This Sunday I'm running half marathon #2/12 for 2012 in Birmingham, AL. The Mercedes Benz Half Marathon has grown over the years and I'm excited to be able to run a half so close to home. We get to stay with Allan's mom for the weekend and see our precious little niece who is almost walking! I'd love to set a new PR so I need to run faster than a 2:38 half which I know I can do if I keep my pace at 12 minute miles.



Our entire house is clean! For you this may not be something to get excited over but between the two of us and two large dogs it is a challenge to keep the house clean. I also reorganized all of my clothes so they would be easier to find. The drawers where cute dress shirts and pants used to be now hold my workout clothes and sweatpants which have become more of my daily attire. Now if we can just keep the house this clean!

Anyone else running a race this weekend?

Do you find it difficult to keep your house clean too?

20 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your race and NEW PR ;)

    Zero racing for me this weekend. Our house is IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean. Two huge dogs [short haired mastiff, long haired lab] and a toddler that doesn't get the concept of 'put things away' just yet. So yeah. Ugh. Its a daily battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh! good luck this weekend! i have heard such good things about that race! i have a dapple dachshund and am constantly wondering about the genetics that lead to dapple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your half this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! look forward to meeting you! hopefully we can find time pre/post race to grab a pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at half marathon #2, you will do great!

    My husband and I are running in another Freezeroo Series race on Saturday, an 8 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck this weekend!
    Please girl, there is almost always a clump of dog hair hiding in some corner no matter how often I sweep. ;) Labs shed A LOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck this weekend! And I understand about the dogs vs the clean house. I only have one and he can make it tough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck this weekend! You will do great! Having a dog makes a clean house even less managable. Especially in the winter/fall. Winston is always tracking in muddy prints and leaves. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck this weekend! I don't have a race this weekend. Mine is the 18th instead! It's fun to do one that is close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck at the Mercedes half, you are going to rock it! You're totally going to beat your 2:38 goal, I know it!!!

    I was able to read your 11 things post whenever that went up, not sure what you mean about it not being published. I'm still working on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck on your race - I still see "randomness" and that's it - hence why I said this was awesome! lol I thought you were making a point by writing nothing ?
    ?! hahaha so funny

    I am the same as you with dogs - my friend and I used to sit outside the dog park and guess the breeds of dogs and which breeds made up the mutts....then ask the owners to see who got the most correct ;) LOSERS lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck this weekend!

    Between the dog and two boys I feel like my house is destined to look like a train wreck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to read about it! Go get that PR!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bahahah I wonder how that post didn't work correctly?! I enjoyed the post of nothing..I thought it was supposed to be that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe this is your second half of the year already and that you're doing 12... so AWESOME! GO SUZANNE!!!! I know you'll rock it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading "random" posts and good luck with your race this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. keeping a clean house? don't get me started. i'm heading to knoxville for my #1 of 12. hope yours goes well and you get your PR. hopefully 2012 will be full of PR's for us!! can't wait to hear all about it and hopefully it won't SNOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ewww having blog posts disappear is the WORST, especially ones you work so hard on. That medal is sweet, you can make your PR goal, I am positive! Keeping my house clean is a huge challenge, which is entirely due to my laziness. Cleaning totally requires me to get off the couch and do work, which I am terrible at.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How was the race? Congrats of #2 of 12! Mind if I ask if and how are you training for the 12 halfs? It's such a difficult concept to grasp when thinking about training to run a race very 2-8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!