Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Tori's Febtastic 1st Annual Virtual 5k Fun Run/Walk

Tori's Febtastic 1st Annual Virtual Fun Run/Walk is perfect because there's no minimum time or distance and it's FOR FUN! Who doesn't need one day to do something relaxing and fun but still get some activity time in?! I set off to take the dogs for a walk on their tandem leash again. This time I decided we could venture off our sidewalk and walk down the road. Poor Sasha kept getting frustrated and choked (she isn't wearing a harness like Lucky) so I brought her back and took Lucky for a walk of his own.


It may shock you to know that Lucky is excellent on the leash when it's just the two of us. He stays close and looks at me and listens to everything I say. We even passed a neighbor's dog who was out in their driveway and Lucky only glanced once and kept walking with me while ignoring the dog's incessant barking. After his walk he was quite thirsty and had to have lots of water to rehydrate. It was a nice easy walk for me that I estimate lasted around 30 minutes and covered about 1.25 miles.

This is his favorite way to drink water
There's still today and tomorrow left in the month of February so go ahead and sign up for this virtual race if you want to take a day to kick back, have a fun run, and enjoy a beautiful day!

10 comments:

  1. lol that's so funny. My dogs growing up were like that - perfect unless together and I love how they just take in their walk. what cuties. the drinking afterwards is funny. Love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shot of the dogs. I'm jealous. Hmmm....maybe I can rent a dog??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when your pup is the one behaving? I took mine out for a two mile stroll and he didn't waver from me at all! Definitely appreciative of that, he got extra treats for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a blast! Yay for dog walks/runs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mokey is great on the leash as long as there are no other dogs around. He thinks he's all tough!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya know...My two lil pups can be the same way (hair raising when walked together but perfect angels when walking solo).

    Very glad you participated in the fun run/walk. I think that many (self included) FORGET to have fun when we are tracking our miles and it's good to have things like this to put the pep back in our step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the puppies :) Animals are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that last photo of your dog taking a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dogs are so adorable! The last photo is hilarious! Bernie loves water too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!