Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Canary List Book Review

As soon as I began reading The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer I immediately felt like I was reading something akin to Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. This, however, was the story of a young teenage girl who believes she can feel evil and has been taught to believe that the only way to keep from sensing that evil is to wear a certain bracelet which has seemed to soothe her since she was a baby. One thing about this story that I don't believe was clear when I selected it was that it was a story of priests using the girl to expose demon-possessed officials within the Catholic Church and the psychiatrist that helps them use the girl to accomplish these means. Overall I believe the book to be well written with the exception of the officials within the Catholic Church whose characters could have been explained in greater detail.

To say I was disappointed in this book would be an understatement. The only reason I didn't abandon the book was merely due to the fact that I assumed it would improve as I continued reading. I was sadly mistaken. If you enjoy reading about demons then this book is probably right up your alley. If you don't then I would steer clear of this one.

If you would like to rank this review or any of the other reviews I have done as a part of Blogging for Books please click here and if you would be interested in signing up to review books yourself you can do that as well through the same link.

I received this book free of charge from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah that does sound kinda odd.

    I am the same way about giving up on books. I keep reading hoping that it will pick it up and then am totally disappointed when I feel like I wasted my time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Angels and Demons, but not sure about this one. Thanks for the review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. Sometimes I get frustrated with books that show certain parts of a specific religion because they only paint it in one light. Do you know what I'm saying? I'll steer clear of this one.

    Do you have a few books that you love? I would love to hear them! I'm looking for a good pick for my book club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... Thanks for the warning. I'm behind on my reading... I still need to find the 2nd and 3rd books and finish the hunger games series that everyone loves. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!