Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2-Day Valentine's Celebration

For those of you who don't know, Allan travels about 25% of the time for work and between his work travels and my occasional overnight nannying we have managed to not be together for all major events (outside of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's) this past year. Honestly it doesn't matter to us. Each and every day we spend together is special and I don't need a holiday to remind me how fragile and precious love and life are!

Photos courtesy of Adam Westenhofer Photography
Now with that said once we realized Allan was going to be home and I didn't have any overnight nannying until Wednesday we spent Valentine's Eve and Valentine's celebrating and enjoying our time together. I could go on and on about how lucky I am to have Allan (he feels lucky to have me too!) but instead I'll share something we shared with a friend of ours recently, "Don't settle for someone you know you can live with. Fight for the person you know you can't live without."

All four of the Westenhofers
This year Allan got some new clothes and the new Star Wars game (Wife of the Year Award goes to...) and he got me three boxes of chocolates. These aren't just any chocolates but ones sold by Terrame Spa to raise money for the Melissa George Neonatal Memorial Fund. Having a niece born premature and growing up the daughter of a preemie I am quite passionate everything having to do with preemies and the NICU.

Chocolate caramel truffles = YUMMY!

Allan's company hosted members of the staff of Terrame for the lunch rush from 11-1 and held a special drawing for a gift certificate good for a Taste of Terrame which includes a 60 minute combination massage, deluxe European facial, and a pedicure makeover. Guess who won that?! Allan did so my Valentine's gift went from three boxes of chocolates (each containing a voucher for a FREE express facial) to an entire Spa Day! I couldn't be happier and Allan was really excited to win it for me!

Hooray! Spa Day!

When I walked in the door there was a fire going in the fireplace and candles lit in the den. We proceeded to devour an entire box of chocolates, valentine's cookies, cheese wedges, and crackers as our Valentine's Eve dinner and sat in front of the fire snuggling with the dogs before Castle came on. Yesterday I went for a 60-min massage which only lasted for 45 min but it was honestly the best massage I've ever had so I tipped her well and didn't complain about the 15 min. All I told her was that I'd run a half marathon on Sunday and that woman worked every muscle that was sore that I didn't even know was sore!

This was the massage room I was in!
Last night we went to Rolo's with one of Allan's coworkers. They worked a little late and I hung out in the office reading my book like the nerd that I am while they talked code like the nerds that they are. Dinner was great until we found out that Rolo's closed today at 2 so if we want to continue to enjoy their yummy home cooked food we will have to drive to the other location. We were literally heartbroken and it almost ruined our Valentine's Day. After dinner we spent the evening doing what we do best: Allan in the office using both screens AND his laptop and me in the den watching my shows and reading blogs! Perfect ending to our two-day Valentine's Celebration!

Hope you all enjoyed your day and told those you love how much they mean to you!

21 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, so sweet! sounds like a perfect day. Glad you guys got to spend it together

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know you did overnight nannying. I feel like a bad bloggy friend. Anyway that sounds like an amazing valentines day two day celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are gorgeous!! Glad to hear that you were able to spend your day together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, please tell me that the Rolo's that is closing is the one on University Drive! We love to eat at the original restaurant on Saturdays and I would hate to see it close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I hate to see either one of them close...but just really hope it's not the original one.

      Delete
  5. What a special Valentine's day! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so sweet... glad you got to spend Lover's Day with your Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love "Don't settle for someone you know you can live with. Fight for the person you know you can't live without." So true.

    Sounds like you two had a good V-day. And I love how the 3 boxes of chocolate turned into a spa day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOH my gosh I want that spa/massage/pedicure package, that sounds wonderful!!

    I agree with Christina about that quote, it's so great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a heavenly Valentine's! I love that quote "...fight for the person you know you can't live without." So utterly true. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome!!! I'm definitely in need of a spa day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect Valentine's Day! Glad you were able to celebrate together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are the cutest ever. GREAT valentines. I love the family photo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds so nice!!! Love the whole spa day thing :) Some massage places I've been to will state that the actual massage is 50 minutes, or something, and the other 10 is for changing….so that might be why it was 45. Perfect timing after a half-marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute family photo!

    I'm glad you had an amazing Valentine's Day and how lucky Allan was to win that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like an awesome two days! It's great that you guys happened to be together for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome! I would love to get a spa day. You deserve to be pampered, that's for sure. I would have the hardest time if my husband traveled. I suppose I would just deal with it, but for now I'm grateful I don't have to. You are a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a perfect day! so happy you all got to spend it together and GREAT pics of the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lovely day together! Woohoo for the spa win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds so nice!! Love the family photo! :) You guys look so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!