I wish I could say I woke up this morning and felt refreshed and ready to run 13.1 miles here at home or at the community center but that's not the case. I didn't feel like crap but I didn't feel great either. I changed into running clothes and hopped on the treadmill. The dogs were inside and they are not big fans of the treadmill. Lucky cries and Sasha eyes it as though she's wondering how to disable it when I'm off. This morning Lucky decided I wasn't paying attention to him so he threw the tennis ball onto the treadmill FOUR times. Granted it was pretty cute and the look of confusion on both their faces when I jumped over it and it flew into the wall and under the treadmill was priceless!
|Sasha thinks it's underneath there and Lucky sees it as it hits the hall|
|Pace of a turtle? Yes|
Yes, I realize that most of you could run this distance in nearly half this time. Now I realize I'm not fast but I haven't run this slow since I started running. I've been running long enough to know that the best thing to do when I feel like this is to call it a day which obviously I didn't do today. If the run isn't there for me then no amount of pushing is going to change that. Turns out my hamstring was tight once I stopped running so after a shower and a date with my foam roller I am hoping that it will feel fine. On the plus side I did push myself two miles more than I thought I could do and completed the virtual run. If you haven't signed up for this virtual run and the chance to win some pretty amazing prizes it's not too late! You still have until January 27th to get your 3.5 mile run knocked out so sign up here.
1. Running this month has been terrible since I've been sick. 13.5 miles is all I've logged.
2. Today is the first day I've used my foam roller even though I should have used it before today.
3. I don't stretch like I should and I know that's bad but I'm working on stretching more.
4. I am not fast and I'm ok with that.
5. Allan is faster than me and I'm ok with that too.
6. It wasn't until I ran a 15K in October that I thought I could call myself a runner.
7. I hate 5K's. Crazy but it takes me 3 miles to really start feeling good. Quite often the first 3 miles are my slowest and I actually enjoy the miles after those much more.
8. Aside from one weekend in October and three weekends for weddings the rest of this year is focused around my race calendar. Don't worry family and friends have been warned!
9. I want to run a sub-30 5K this year so bad!
10. I run-walk all my races with the exception of the Paint the Streets 5K we ran last July.
There you have it. An honest look at how I feel about my running. Even though today's run was rough I am hoping that tomorrow I can knock out my half that I'm making up and tell you guys all about it!
Anyone else having a low mileage month for January? Anything you want to honest about with your running?