Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

HBBC Final Thoughts

Alright so I know I haven't been nearly as diligent as I should be about posting HBBC updates on the blog but I logged everything in a calendar I carry in my purse. I'm doing so many challenges that I need my own little workout calendar to keep myself on track some days!

Here's how I did this year:
Week 1: Ran 3.1 miles on Thanksgiving so that's a grand total of 3.1 pts for the week
Week 2: Ran 1 miles on the 28th, 2.5 miles on the 1st, and walked 2 miles on the 2nd for a total of 5.5 pts
Week 3: Ran 6.2 miles on the 3rd, jogged with the dogs for one mile on the 4th, walked 2 miles on the 5th, ran 3.1 miles on the 6th, did 30 minutes of pilates on the 7th, walked 5 miles on the 8th, and walked 1.5 miles on the 9th for a total of 19.8 pts
Week 4:  Walked 1.5 miles on the 10th, 1 mile on the 12th, 1.5 miles on the 13th, 14th & 15th, and 1.75 on the 16th for a total of 8.75 points
Week 5: Ran 3.1 miles on the 17th and 2 miles on the 19th, Walked 1.5 miles on the 23rd for a total of 6.6 pts
Week 6: Ran 6.2 miles on the 24th, walked 1 mile on the 25th, walked 3 miles on the 26th for a total of 10.2 pts
Week 7: Ran 3.4 miles on the 31st for 3.4 pts

Total points for HBBC: 60.35 (including 3 bonus points I had earned)

Obviously I am terrible with eating 7 fruits and veggies each day since I earned 0 pts for that! If I had tried harder I am sure I would have had more points but honestly I tried out this challenge this year just to see how it would go so I'm happy with anything. At least I didn't have a week with 0 pts so I consider that a success!

HBBC was organized very well and the weekly email was helpful. Unfortunately for me I don't think I updated my points every week so I won't be eligible for any prizes (obviously I wouldn't be winning anything for only having 60 pts). This is my only negative from the experience. I was tracking but not entering it into the spreadsheet at the times I should have. Oh well, lesson learned! Hopefully I will do better next year.

15 comments:

  1. I enjoyed HBBC, but lost track of posting on the spreadsheet over the holidays, I am not the most accountable person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness eating 7 fruits and veggies, wow I would have a hard time with that too...I'm just trying to get a fruit or a veggie with every meal lol
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I missed you :) I didnt even sign up for the HBBC but it seems like you did pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was horrible about inputting the points, too!! Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had trouble sticking with the public tracking as well...and definitely lost motivation in the end. next year i hope to stay motivated throughout! nice job this year! i think you did great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I kept track of my points after the first three weeks. Life just got too busy with the holidays then it seemed like too much work.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HBBC was a fun challenge! I might have to start carrying a little notebook for all the blog challenges out there too - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love HBBC, I'm sad that today is the last day! Great job getting in all of your points and don't worry about the fruits and vegetables, I only got 1 point for that and it was definitely a fluke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool challenge and way to keep track of your points. Fruits and veggies are overrated... I think chocolate should count as a few points... Maybe? Just a few? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely failed at the 7 fruits/veggie thing - I think there was only one day here or there. HBBC was a good challenge - helped to keep me focused while not training for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It can be hard writing everything down and then blogging about it. It looks like you did well with HBBC! I skipped it this year for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had done it - looks like you got some good workouts in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job!!! I had trouble getting 7 servings of fruits and veggies too! And I definitely fell off the band wagon with updating the spreadsheet at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've tried to do it 2 or 3 years now. I always either flake our or in this year's case was too injured to do too much. I will admit though it made me want to do more even if I couldn't. Nice work on your end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the HBBC. I really like the challenge because it keeps me mindful of being active during the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!