Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Santa Came Early!!!

Check your stockings and underneath your Christmas trees because I'm pretty sure Santa got his days mixed up and came to my house last night for my sister's birthday instead of waiting until Christmas! Allan is actually working here for work for awhile so this means we are back to our somewhat normal routine which consists mostly of Allan cooking and me cleaning. Last night started out as any other night in the den with the dogs and dinner. Then Allan disappears down the hall....


....and he returns with a Starbucks bag in hand. I already knew what would be inside: a huge bag of the Christmas blend and a huge bag of the Anniversary edition. We had both eyed these bags last Friday but in our nearly asleep state on Black Friday we left Starbuck's without purchasing them. As I'm rambling on and on about the coffee I notice another box in the bottom of the bag and pulled out this:






A brand-new iPhone 4S!!! This was my early Birthday/Christmas present from Allan and at first I felt sick. I just thought it was way too much money for us to be spending when I don't really need a new phone. I mean it would be nice to have this and be able to facetime Jenn while she's laying on the beach in Hawaii but on the other hand it's still a lot to spend. I told Allan I wasn't sure if I wanted it. I mean, I should be thrilled about a new phone but instead I was nearly worried sick. He told me to sleep on it and this morning I woke up and thought of the perfect solution. Working from home I am required to have two things for my job: a phone and a computer. Hello tax write off for work!!!! Problem solved so I am keeping it but for now it's living in its box with the plastic still on it until the Otterbox case comes in. I'm not chancing anything happening to this thing!

You mean, you don't wake up to this every day?! Who's moving to HI with me?!
If the new iPhone wasn't exciting enough we had a skype date at 8:00PM with the winner of Biggest Loser Season 11 Olivia and her husband Ben. Ben recently ran the NYC Marathon as a part of Team World Vision and it was through his efforts that we began sponsoring Edwin who we have already introduced you guys to here on the blog. We spent 20 minutes chatting back and forth with the two of them and it was really fun. It was refreshing talking to regular people who are trying to live their lives the best they can by being fit and healthy and active in their community encouraging others to do the same!

Ben & Olivia Ward

Just when I was winding down and getting ready to check my email, twitter, and facebook one last time before heading off to sleep, I saw an email from Kelly at FitFluential. My palms got sweaty, my heart started racing, and I immediately had butterflies in my stomach. I knew this email was going to tell me whether or not I had been selected as a FitFluential Ambassador. I WAS CHOSEN!!!! You can read a little bit more about what it means to be a FitFluential Ambassador and if you haven't already applied then go ahead and get to it. If you would like to you can list me (Suzanne Westenhofer) as who referred you. I'm really looking forward to taking this journey with FitFluential and meeting fellow FitFluential Ambassadors!


Being a FitFluential Ambassador is going to motivate me to be more active than I normally am in the winter and to excel in all these challenges and virtual races I've signed myself up for. More on all that in tomorrow's post!

Who else is a FitFluential Ambassador?
Ever met or talked to anyone from Biggest Loser?

18 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Welcome to Fitfluential! I got in late last week and am so excited about it!

    Hooray for Santa coming early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't husbands the best?! My husband bought me my Christmas/birthday gift last week too.

    And I got chosen to be a FitFluential Ambassador as well. Can't wait to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daang that is one heck of a xmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! You are going to love your iphone!! I got an otterbox too...definitely wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayyyyy!!!! i am in fitfluential as well! just found out last week!!!! yayyy! what a great group of people :) congrats on the iphone! such a great gift :) i am counting down the days (26) till I get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY Suz, congratas on the fitfluential thing :) I am counting down the days until my current contract ends so I can get an iphone too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gonna love your Iphone! I have had mine for two weeks and I CAN NOT put it down! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the phone! I'm jealous. AND congrats on fitfluential - I'm in too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yayyy on getting an awesome new phone and congrats on the fitfluential! I applied too and Kelly contacted me and asked me to email her as she was worried my application got lost :( I should hear back in a few days, I hope I get in too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I am totally jealous that you got to skype with Olivia and her husband, she was my favorite on Biggest Loser!
    Congrats on your iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a good husband! yeah for the iPhone and congrats for getting to be an ambassador!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being chosen for FitFluential, it seems a lot of us are coming into it around this time. It's nice to have our own little cohort.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting to get a new phone! That Skype conversation must have been awesome, that's such a neat experience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not gonna lie - I had to google otterbox haha! STOKED you decided to keep the iPhone 4S - we definitely need to facetime when you take it out of the box:)

    Congratulations on becoming a FitFluential Ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun life you have! congrats on ambassador and welcome to the iphone club :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love your phone!!!! I want it mainly for the awesome camera upgrade :) We thought we were eligible for an upgrade, but found out it was an "early upgrade" and would still cost $$$$. Oh well! Congrats on being a FitFluential ambassador - I got chosen too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being a FitFluential Ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on FitFluential and the iphone! Cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!