Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Overseas Coupon Program

(My 10K recap is coming but I have to get the pictures from Allan and that would mean actually seeing him which won't happen until tomorrow but I promise it will be a good one!)

Giving back is something very important to us and one way we never thought about giving back was sending our extra coupons overseas to where our military and their families are calling home while serving their country. Overseas Coupon Program gives you an opportunity to sponsor a location to send your coupons to. If you don't think you have enough coupons yourself to send then consider getting a group of friends together and combining your coupons.


Military families are able to use coupons that are up to six months expired. OCP recommends not sending coupons more than two months expired in order to allow time for the coupons to arrive, be sorted, and distributed to those who need them. I didn't take their recommendation because I'm that OCD lady that already had the coupons in envelopes sorted by month and then sorted by food and non-food. I'm pretty sure this will drastically cut down on the time it takes them to organize and distribute. Plus I'd rather send them and have them not need them then us throw them away here and someone miss out on using them.

We are sponsoring an Army base in Germany and it's our hope that these families know we appreciate their sacrifice and are grateful for their service. If you are a coupon clipper or know someone who is please let them know not to toss their unused coupons!

Do you use coupons?

18 comments:

  1. oh wow! i have never heard of this program but it sounds absolutely wonderful! thanks for sharing. i currently do not use many coupons as i do not have regular access to a paper or anything...but when i do i love having them! i should start saving the ones i never use. i never knew that they would be able to go to a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my depressing poor man's post I started to try and use coupons but I suck at it. I'm so lazy! However IF I find any I'll gladly send some :D sounds like a great program

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I keep a lot of coupons so long that they expire - this is a nice way to pass them along!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I'm with you on coupons. I've got them clipped, sorted and organized. If only my house were as organized as my coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get back on the coupon train. Way to be organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great program! I hadn't heard of it so thanks for passing along the info - I'm big on coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't use coupons very often, I don't really have the time nor energy for it.

    I'm glad that you are participating in this program though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a couponer! I didn't know about this program though- thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you make a reference to this in a prior post and wondered about it. I think it is wonderful. Good for you for taking part and promoting it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful idea! thanks for sharing, i'll check into this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool program. I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome idea! My mom is a coupon fan, an I love them too, but we don't get a weekly newspaper at school. Sometimes, my mom will clip out ones specifically for me to use! She is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's another option to sending your coupons overseas, instead of just adopting and sending to the whole base. You can adopt an individual military family who is overseas to send your coupons to, through CouponsToTroops. The biggest advantages to sending DIRECTLY to a family is that you know that your coupons are getting right into the hands of the family and they'll be able to use them much quicker. Also you're more likely to receive an acknowledgement that your coupons have arrived over there.

    To request a family to send to you can either send an email to admin@couponstotroops.com or go to the facebook page - www.facebook.com/CouponsToTroops and click on the Adopt an Overseas Family tab on the left hand side!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't use coupons...I should. I wanted to say though, that program is one of the best things I've heard of in a long time. And kudos for them accepting expired ones for military.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I heard that it doesn't matter how expired the coupons are, but that might only be bases on Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so cool! I've never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that's amazing, good for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of this, but I think it's super awesome and even though I'm not a coupon clipper, I think I'll give it a whirl for this. My hubs has been deployed over the holidays for the last three years and is leaving on deployment again this year just untimely for Christmas (the good news is that this time he's going to Guam instead of the Middle East, so I can go with him!!!) and anything we do to help and honor their hard work and sacrifice makes a huge difference!

    Way to go on this! You're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!