Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Christmas in Pictures

I know, I know, it's been a few days since Christmas and I'm just now posting our pictures. Let me give you the cliff notes version of our Christmas travels.

December 21: My Birthday!!!, Drive to Montgomery
December 22: Day in Auburn, Bought Allan a second desk because apparently one isn't enough
December 23: Christmas lunch with my parents, my sister, and her husband; Open presents that night
December 24: Run, Rest, Eat, Rest, Eat
December 25: Lunch with my parents, Drive to Birmingham, Eat, Open presents
December 26: Hour long walk with Jodi, After Christmas shopping
December 27: Drive home, Unpack, Go grocery shopping
December 28: Wake up with sore throat, Catch up on blogs, Watch Love Actually (finally), Parents arrive

My sister Rachel & I with her dog Blackjack

Allan got money from almost everyone so he could pre-order the PlayStation Vita which comes out in February

My cookie cake from Allan (slightly pissed that they misspelled my name)

There was lots of playtime for the dogs in the pasture

A few games of A Christmas Story Yahtzee

English peas in with cash because Mom likes to make everyone open presents


Very festive attire at Allan's mom's house

Allan & Ali playing piano

Ali opening her presents
Overall both my birthday and Christmas were wonderful. Not only did Allan get me the yummy cookie cake above but my parent's got me a cookie cake as well. Don't worry, Allan and my sister's husband Michael made sure there was none of either left by Christmas Eve morning! We were very blessed to be able to spend so much time with both families. The two of us received some wonderful gifts from family and friends.

I'm praying that I'm not actually sick and it's just a sore throat but that's not looking very promising at this moment. Hope all of you are having a good week post-Christmas!

Did you do a lot of traveling for Christmas? What was your favorite Christmas moment this year?

27 comments:

  1. I'm slowly catching up on blogs, too! Glad you had a good Christmas overall, hope you're feeling better soon! We were gone for a week, which was great, but it's also sooo nice to be home. Loved that my daughter could enjoy opening presents this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Heeeey Suz. Yeah. It's me. Stefanie. After all this time, I am actually getting over to your blog to formally stalk you. Hope your not getting sick! Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing at the cans of peas. My mom does the same thing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic field. I would run that all day long. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is Christmas Story Yahtzee? Looks cool. Also how cute is Love Actually? Oh and did you ever get your ornament from your exchange partner? I really hope they didn't drop out ) ; if they did I will make sure so send you something

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you are feeling sick too! Your Christmas looks wonderful, you really can't go wrong with lots of time with family. Cookie cakes are the best. I would have demanded to rectify the misspelling by immediately eating that letter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum on the cookie cake and Happy belated birthday! Looks and sounds like a great Christmas! I loved just watching my kids get so excited about everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! The peas are awesome! Next time she comes over or you visit your mom, make sure you prepare her a nice big dish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww looks like you guys had a great holiday! We didn't have to do a ton of traveling. Fav moment? hmm, maybe my niece throwing all of her other presents, including her bigger one from us and exclaiming her $3 Puss in Boots book from us was "the BEST present ever!" lol. it was so sweet, she even made us read it to her right away

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy (belated) birthday, girl!!! I loooove cookie cakes! I hope you aren't getting sick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a wonderful Christmas and Birthday, I'm sorry that they misspelled your name!

    I would love to run in that pasture, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing these pictures - I loved reading and seeing your holiday!

    Happy (belated) Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you're not feeling well! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family though!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness I am now craving a cookie cake :) Your week sounds crazy but so fun. All the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suz I loved reading this ! looks like you and Allan had a great Christmas :) sorry they screwed up your name on the cookie cake....but I very it was still yummy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a great Christmas! I love cookie cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like a really nice holiday! Poor cookie cake. I'm addicted to the Cake Wrecks website -- at least this doesn't look like a wreck, just bad spelling!

    I don't travel for Christmas - only to my mom's house across town. My favorite moment this year was probably making my "little" cousin (he's almost 21 now, so not so little!) karaoke corny Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears songs with me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas - looks like a good time all around!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the cookie cake! Happy Birthday! I loved seeing your holiday in photos... and need to find Christmas Story Yahtzee... I know it would be a hit here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the photo of you and your sister! So cute!
    Also? I need that Yahtzee game! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Belated Birthday, and wishing you all the best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That cookie looks so yummy, even if they did spell your name wrong.

    Playstation Vita, gonna look that up. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for following my blog! I LOVE new followers! Your Christmas looks like it was a blast! I know you are ready for the new year! Oh and happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i have to watch love actually too! it's my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like a really nice holiday, and I love the pics! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WHat a fun birthday/Christmas week!!! You sure made the rounds... but being with family is what Christmas is all about... Glad you lived it up. I love the pics... Especially the one in front of the fireplace with the santa hat... so cute!

    Happy New year!
    Merry Christmas! (late)
    Happy Birthday! (super late)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!