Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Virtual Races

Never and I mean never have I run so much between December 23-December 26. Normally during Christmas I can be found curled up on the couch at my parent's from the time I wake up until the time I fall asleep each night. This year that was not the case! I signed up for not one or two or three but FOUR virtual races during Christmas. I walked 1.5 miles on December 23, ran 6.2 miles on December 24, walked 1 mile on December 25, and walked 3 miles today.

No internet = No printing race bibs!

Of course I signed up for Kiley's Christmas Virtual 5K over at Daily Vitamin F. I ran this on Christmas Eve and doubled up with the Christmas Eve 5K that the Amys from Run My Guts Out and Run Mom Run organized. I didn't find out about this until the night of December 23 so I figured I was planning to run anyway so why not. I was originally planning to do the Home for the Holidays Virtual 10K on Christmas or the day after but when I got out and ran on Christmas Eve I knew I was going to go ahead and run a 10K that day. I also found out about the Dashing Through the Snow Virtual Race on Christmas Day. I could either run or walk a mile, 5K, or 10K. I walked a mile on Christmas afternoon at Allan's mom's while I chased the dogs around the house.

Lucky & Sasha running
For the Home for the Holidays 10K there was no PR for me at 1:23:59 but a PR for both our dogs. They did their first 5K in the pasture for Thanksgiving and this was their first 10K. Needless to say Sasha was pooped! Sasha has never run anywhere close to 5 miles much less over 6 miles! The dogs are so motivational for me to keep running because even when Sasha looked so tired she kept on trotting along so I did too. Lucky never really looked tired so I'm contemplating taking him on longer runs to see how far he is comfortable running.

1:23:59 for the 10K which is not bad since I ran a 45:26 for my 5K
I finished my Christmas Eve 5K/Daily Vitamin F Virtual Christmas 5K at an easy 45:26 with three dogs who ran with me and the cat who served as our race director. At one point I was running with the three dogs, the two small dogs were barking from the window, the cat was poised on the bush hog watching everything, and my dad and Allan were cheering me on and taking some pictures.

Notice my little race director Spiffy who supervised the event
Today Jodi and I got out and walked 3 miles. Allan, Adam, and Ali dropped us off at the park in Hoover and after we walked for 45 minutes and the boys were still at Wal-Mart we decided to just walk home. Curvy road, narrow shoulder, and lots of cars made for an adventure! We survived and made it back home in one piece. It was really nice to have someone to get out and walk with.

Sasha on the ride to Birmingham yesterday

Lucky riding in the backseat with me yesterday
Thank you so much to everyone who organized the virtual races over the past few days! I had a great time participating in all of them. I would have posted more over the past few days but the internet got taken out at my parent's in a storm on Thursday so no blog writing for me. I did catch up on all of your blogs on my phone but I just hated to blog from my phone without any pictures. I promise to make up for it this week!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your virtual races, you did a lot this weekend!

    Your dogs are so cute, I'm really impressed that they ran a 10K with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the virtual races! I wished that I could have participated, dang that sickness! But I did run today for the first time in 11 days and it felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, girl! And of COURSE the cat would be the race director. ;) They're so bossy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done getting out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job participating in so many virtual races this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an inspiration! All I ran this weekend was the 5K on Saturday- and I haven't run since. Sleep has seemed so much more important for some reason! Good for you, Suz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job getting out there and doing it! I went for a 5 mile run on Friday and a 6 mile run on Sunday, but have been resting in between! And eating, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice job getting out there! I did nothing....maybe I should have signed up for some virtual races to keep me motivated! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome week you had. Love the pooped pup pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job finding holiday motivation! I made it out for one whole run and was so glad I at least did that much. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. four virtual races?! and I thought I was ambitious with just one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice week - great job on the virtual races!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love running with my dog, tires him right out :) Nice job with the races

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a LOT of virtual races! Great job staying active over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, if I had such fun race partners I may have actually done a virtual race or two. My dog is good for 1 mile, tops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lot of virtual races. Fun!

    I joined Kiley for her Christmas Virtual 5K. It turned out to be a great motivator to get me out the door for what turned out to be a much needed break from the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so impressed! I wanted to, but didn't get any virtual races done :( I got to workout regularly, but less running and sometimes things got mixed up because of so many people in the house and things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't realize there were so many virtual Christmas races going on?! I knew about the Amys' 5k... but dang I think they are all so cool! What a fun idea... it's almost like we all get to run together, which would be a dream come true.

    I was totally going to do the Christmas Eve Virtual 5k, but then I messed up my heel... Sad I missed it, but you sure rocked your Christmas with some good running! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!