Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Blogger Issues, Virtual Challenges, Races, & Exchanges

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Last night I realized that some of the blogs I follow were missing from my dashboard so when I went to click manage to see if they were there and not showing up I noticed a difference in 60 that I was following but haven't been able to read for who knows how long. To those 60 of you, I apologize. I always read and comment so please allow me a chance to catch up. It seems like until blogger decides to fix itself I'm going to have to go to my blog page and click on each blog title on my blog roll to catch up on the latest posts. I manually added the missing blogs to my blog roll and they appear to be staying put. IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR BLOG ON MY BLOG ROLL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Anyone else having this problem? I've also noticed that some of you who are following my blog aren't showing up on my dashboard as followers but my page is showing up in your profile as one you follow. Any idea how to fix this?

Alright, blogging issues aside let's get to the virtual races, blogger challenges, and Christmas blogger exchange events that are going on right now. I'm going to do my best to cover everything I've signed up for but there's a chance I may forget something. Ok, so I probably did forget something. I have this nagging feeling that I've signed up for a 4 mile virtual race but I can't remember it.

VIRTUAL RACES (you can click on each picture to take you to the page for the event)




January 28, 2012
December 17, 2011
This is a virtual race. I swear I'm not going to Miami for NYE
Jingle Bell HE Double Hockeysticks 2011-December 17

I'm almost certain that I've left out one that I've signed up for so if I remember it I'll come back and update this. If anyone else is doing any other virtual races please let me know!

CHALLENGES

Click the HBBC button on the right of my blog for more info. This runs Nov 19-Jan 6
Winter 100 Challenge-Run 100 miles from December-February

Dec 1-Feb 1: 30 minutes of activity for 60 straight days
Bee Fit's Back 2 Basics Challenge: This is all about getting back to the basics and that's different for everyone. For me, it's tracking my food and activity points in my WW app EVERY DAY. I eat healthier and exercise more when I'm tracking.

Dec 1-12-there are prizes awarded EVERY day!
Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Fitness Tree-25 Days of Exercise


I'm pretty sure these are all the challenges I've signed up for this winter but occasionally I do get a little crazy and sign up for things and then go to bed and forget them.

CHRISTMAS BLOGGER EXCHANGES

JILL'S GIFT EXCHANGE
ZANETA'S CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP
(Just) Trying is for Little Girls CARD EXCHANGE
COURTNEY'S SOCK SWAP
ROJ RUNNING'S ORNAMENT EXCHANGE
In case you haven't picked up on the recurring theme here I think this is everything I've signed up for but I may have forgotten something. Please let me know if there are any other ones you have signed up for and that may jog my memory.

Which virtual races, challenges, or fun blogger exchanges have you signed up for?

28 comments:

  1. Blogger has been dropping blogs from my reader for awhile! One day they will show up, the next they are gone. I have absolutely no idea what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was experiencing the same thing yesterday! Thought it was just me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -so many more virtualevents going on than I realized! I have been having issues lately too. Mostly an issue with commenting but i think it has to do with internet explorer and not having ie8. thanks for the great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALWAYS have issues with GFC -- I have over 100 followers; however I can only see/find 80-ish. Blogger (Google) needs to reorganize how to manage the GFC -- it's so sloppy in it's current setting, drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate blogger, but I'm too technologically-challenged to switch to something else. :( I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the message. You totally made my day! I am in a work black whole.....please. get. me. out.

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noticed that about blogger too! I've added new blogs and they don't show up - glad to know it's not just me, but it's irritating!

    You've got lots of stuff going on! I'm signed up for the Hope Endures 5k and the Jingle Bell Hell - lots of fun events!

    New follower from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you signed up for enough things!! ;) Sounds like you are on your way to a healthy & active holiday season! We hope to follow suit in that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sure that's enough races? LOL Thanks for all the links - I may need to revisit some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy cow woman! you are amazing for keeping up with all of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I did NOT realize just how many virtual races and challenges were going on right now. That's crazy! I'm participating in a few and I love the extra motivation this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow you got a lot going on!!!

    Here I was just trying to keep up with my 10 day blog challenge =)

    Gold Star for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the list, I've been away and have been trying to catch up on my reading. I need the motivation to run.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowza thats a lot going on! thanks for putting it all together for us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lot going on all right! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And here is another one..

    The Winter 100 Challenge by

    www.the-running-mom.com

    Log 100 miles walk/run between Dec 1st and Feb29th and let her know. Awesome prizes too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for putting everything in one place. I'm in for a bunch of those, but not all. There are so many fun events to keep us motivated, it's fantastic.

    I'm hopping over from Fitness Friday - great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe you can keep up with all that. I can only do a few things or I get lost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have blogger issues too. Sometimes if I follow someone via GFC it doesn't show up in my reader.

    That is a lot of virtual races! I may join you for some of them! I am already doing Hope Endures, the HBBC and the Winter 100.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I just got a little overwhelmed scanning through all the virtual races and challenges! Way to go for organizing and tracking all of that, I'm doing some…but now I think I need to add a few! Try uploading your blogs to Google Reader, that's what I use and I think it is a lot better that blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had the same problem with my sidebar and YOUR BLOG!!!! I just barely figured it out a few minutes ago. Seriously. I actually haven't signed up for any virtual races or challenges or gift exchanges. I just can't keep track of those things. Heck! I can't even keep track of when I enter a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG you're a busy lady. I've been wanting to find a few virtuals to get me through the rest of the year so this post is perfect! I'm already signed up for some on your list but I'd like to add a couple more for the motivation. The cold weather is slowly sucking the motivation right out of me!

    Would you mind adding the Fitness Friday blog hop button to your post or sidebar? Help me to spread the word!! Thanks.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad you are doing all of the same virtual races and challenges that I'm doing! It looks like they will all be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good grief that's a lot of virtual races and challenges! It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been having the SAME issue and OMG that is A LOT of "races" and such. you are gonna be winning things like crazy....you are ALL over the blogosphere lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've never done a Virtual Race before! It's something I'm definitely going to have to check out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm doing the Freeze Your Horns Off virtual race and HBBC! You sure are signed up for a lot! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes I agree, I cant believe how many you have listed year, you are the queen of getting these list together! I am going to have to go through them all and check them out!! Thanks for adding Hope Endures 5k, so happy you are running it "with" me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!