Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What We're Thankful For

With all the October has dealt us I think that as we approach Thanksgiving that it's important for Allan and I to take a moment to reflect on what we're thankful for in our lives and give thanks to God for all that he has so graciously blessed us with.




First and foremost I'm thankful for God and the direction that he provides me when I'm unsure of what's next.

Can be purchased from dayspring.com. We have this in our bathroom.
Second, I am thankful for my family: immediate, extended, blood related, by marriage, and by choice. I firmly believe that family is more than parents, siblings, and extended family. I'm blessed that marrying Allan brought with it three brothers and their families as well as nearly 40 aunts and uncles and who knows how many cousins. My "Auburn family" as I call all the friends from college are the family that I chose or that chose me (depending on how you look at it). This family has shown me what it means to not just be a friend but to be family and I love them more than they know.

Third (and this probably counts for #2) I am thankful for my wonderful husband and our two sweet dogs. He keeps me laughing, is one of the hardest working people I know, loves me for me, and is pretty hot (even if I do say so myself).

One of my favorite shots from our honeymoon
Fourth I am thankful that we have been able to sponsor a World Vision child named Edwin this year. He's so sweet and honestly looks so precious that I'm already planning a trip to El Salvador when he's older so we can meet Edwin and his family. We got a recent picture of him last week and it just melts my heart!

Here's Edwin-he turned 3 in August!
Without further delay here's Allan for his take on what we're thankful for:

Well if you have read any of my work on my blog, i am much shorter-winded than my beautiful wife.  I am thankful for many things first of which is my best friend, secretary, and wife, Suzanne. I am way too forgetful and unorganized without her.  I love her. I love my two big dogs almost as much.  I am thankful for all the blessings I have had in my life to learn and love from all my trials and mistakes.  This includes all the people who have helped me through these.  I am thankful for the opportunity to laugh and have fun at every turn.  Thanks October...

What are you thankful for?

9 comments:

  1. awwww Edwin really is adorable! i am so thankful for my family, especially my close relationships with my brother and dad. even when they are far away...they always feel close. i am so grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwin is sooooo CUTE!! I want to squeeze his cheeks!

    I am thankful for..hmmmm, this could get long winded. 1) My husband. He has loved me at my worse and is truly a reflection of Christ's love for me. 2) My pregnancy. I am so thankful to have this little alien in my belly and can't wait to meet him/her in about 7 weeks!! 3)My crazy family. 4) Living in paradise. 5) Being able to travel. As expensive it is in Hawaii, it's just as expensive to get out! I'm thankful I had the opportunity to see many places that some of my peers haven't even heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edwin looks like a sweet kid! You are so wonderful to be helping him out. We really are so blessed with all we have in this life. I am so thankful to have been born where I was and into the family that I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love this post!!

    PS I got the POTM email on monday--if you haven't gotten it, something might be wrong. Want me to email it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! I love World Vision! such a cute little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! That child is just adorable. I have so many things to be thankful for, although I'm sure they are all pretty predictable - my health, my wonderful family, my husband, etc. I will say that I am going to visit my in laws this Thanksgiving, and I am looking forward to it and can't wait to see them. Very few people I know feel this way, so for that I am extremely thankful! You guys seem like such an adorable couple! Love the honeymoon pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little boy!!!!!! I love Thanksgiving. You get to eat amazing food, be with family, and remember WHY you do what you do. Awesome, short, sweet post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i sponsor a child with world vision too! his name is tomas! that's awesome!! and this post is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!