Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Virtual Thanksgiving 5K Times 2


What better way to kick off Thanksgiving with a Virtual 5K and before 8AM at that! This year I participated in Kiley's Virtual Thanksgiving 5K over at Daily Vitamin F as well as A Journey to Thin's 2nd Annual Thankful Healthy Blogger 5K. Sadly this was my only points for Week 1 of HBBC making my week 1 total 3 points. Need to run more and eat more fruits & veggies!

Thank you so much Kiley for organizing this!
My two four legged running buddies (my dad's dog isn't very photogenic so she isn't in the picture)

I ran with Sasha, Lucky, and Penny (my dad's dog) in the front pasture which is .25 miles wide so we just ran back and forth dodging cow poop, avoiding holes, and trying not to trip and fall. Lucky was absolutely crazy running ahead and then running back. I did stop and walk a few times and he was NOT a fan. He would run back to me and walk alongside me looking up as though he was saying "Mommy, there's no walking! Keep running!" Sasha started getting tired around mile 2 and when she cut the corner at the turn Lucky pounced on her like a flying squirrel and tackled her to the ground. Apparently cutting corners is a big no no in Lucky's book.

Date, time, and temp post race

Although there was no PR for me this was a PR for the dogs since it was their first 5K. Honestly Lucky probably ran over 4 miles with all the running ahead and doubling back he did. We did take two water stops for the dogs. My sweet dad stood out in the pasture watching and shouting words of encouragement. He was also nice enough to print my name on my race bib. Yesterday was his last day of work. He is a retired man now so he and my mom are pretty excited! Needless to say this was one of the most fun races I've ever done and I can't wait for the Virtual Christmas 5K!

The dog's PR time
Hope all of you are enjoying a wonderful, relaxing day with family and friends. There's so much for all of us to be thankful for this year and my health is probably the biggest blessing I take for granted. Have a great time watching all the NFL and college football games, eating leftover turkey, and taking some pretty amazing naps!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, almost 70 degrees -- nice day!! It's a rainy 44 degrees ("feels like 36 degrees") in Seattle according to weather.cm right now... not really looking forward to THAT!

    Happy Thanksgiving sweet friend! I hope you enjoy every minute with your family on this blessed day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I wish I participated even though there was no Thanksgiving here! I hope you had a wonderful Holiday with your family! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start Thanksgiving and what a supportive dad! Congrats to the dog for the PR, and I hope you had a wonderful day with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww I just love lucky ....sasha's cute too but lucky is just such a doll. love him! and still a great run even though no PR's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the trot...looked like a great day for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great running companions!! :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran virturally too... in my mind while I was napping :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go!!!! I need to do a virtual race one day. I'm so happy for you that your Dad retired. My Dad retired nearly two years ago and it has been so wonderful! I've never had such a great relationship with him as I do now- it is such a blessing to be able to spend so much time with him. It's very exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!