Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day-Day Before My First Half!

First let me apologize for my lack of blogging as of lately. Life happens and when it does and Allan is out of town blogging goes haywire. I've been reading and I'm sorry I haven't been commenting as much but I hope that things will be back to normal next week.

Allan's not here so that means I'm putting pictures of him on the blog today
Second Happy Veteran's Day! As you read this my best friend is on his way home from Afghanistan and I couldn't be more excited. He will get back in the US on Saturday while I'm running my half marathon. If you know me at all in real life then you know I feel very strongly about supporting our troops. My best friend as well as my sister's husband serve in the military and I have several friends who also serve or have served our country. Anyway, I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone I know and don't know who have served our country. Your service and sacrifice is much appreciated!

My best friend Slick is the one in the middle

Third I am running my first half marathon tomorrow and I have not been running like I should have so I am expecting it to be brutal. I may not be prepared physically like I had hoped to be but I'm in a great place mentally if that makes sense at all. I feel ready even though I probably shouldn't. I'm going to be able to sleep in tomorrow and get to bed early tomorrow night so I should feel well rested on Saturday morning. Some of the proceeds from the half marathon benefit charities that support our veterans so I feel like I'm running for a great cause! I am dedicating my race to my dad. He is retiring the day before Thanksgiving and yesterday was his retirement party. He's always been my biggest supporter and if I had made a big deal about my parents coming up here I know they both would have been waiting at the finish for me. Although I will miss them on Saturday I'll have Allan to watch after me and hang onto my stuff and wait on me hand and foot and do whatever I want for the rest of the day.

While I'm apologizing I might as well apologize for sounding a little crazy in this post. It's 1:45 AM and I'm hopped up on caffeine and unable to tear myself away from my DVR. I've managed to catch up on ALL of my shows tonight (except for Castle which I'm saving to watch with Allan). I'm pretty sure I need to go to bed now. Have a great Friday and a Happy Veteran's Day! We're doing a giveaway next week so be sure to check back!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck in your half!1 You'll be awesome and better than all of those who are not running one tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow - I can't wait to hear how your half goes!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God luck tomorrow! You'll do great and don't even think about any training mis-haps, just focus on the positive :) I'm so glad your best friend is coming home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your 1st half! I can't wait to hear about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for your first half marathon!

    You're gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a great run in your first half marathon! I will look forward to your recap post and any advice you can offer another newbie!

    I hope you have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your first half! Don't forget to hydrate, and fuel during the race. Most of all relax and have fun! Can't wait to read the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of your while I am running my 3rd half marathon tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm over from Gourmet Runner and wanted to wish you the world of luck for your first half. You only get one first so I hope you enjoy every single step and that you have a fun, safe, and successful half marathon. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!! have so much fun! that stinks that allan is out of town... brad had to work the day of my first half. but seriously, it's a feeling unlike any other!! can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ummm how did I not see this and WHERE is your recap.....I'm anxiously awaiting it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!