Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

One Call Away: A Memoir by Brenda Warner




One Call Away: A Memoir opened a window into Brenda Warner's life that reminded me to not judge a book by the cover or in this case an NFL star's wife. How easy is it to assume that because she is married to Kurt Warner that life has always been easy for her and she never wanted for anything? This is not the case at all with Brenda. From her first marriage to Zack's accident to losing both her parents to having two miscarriages she unveils more pain and suffering than most of us go through in a lifetime. It's so refreshing to read her story and know that when she sees a need and helps someone she is doing it because she knows how it feels to live from paycheck to paycheck or to have no paycheck at all. I can only imagine the countless lives that she and her family have touched and will continue to touch in the years to come. The way that she and Kurt have listened to God's call in their lives and always trusted his plan for them is inspiring. Her story is beautifully written and one I would recommend to anyone!

I received this book free of charge from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Nice review. Glad you enjoyed this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story...glad you pointed out to never judge a book by its cover! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review - I just saw a profile on Kurt Warner recently - they are a pretty amazing couple! Glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like reading celebrity/star's memoirs or biographies...it really does show you that they are still real people even though they are famous. One of my favorite is Tori Spelling, I really wasn't a fan of her as an actress but after I read her books, I fell in love with her as a person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!