Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, October 24, 2011

We Have an Announcement (no I'm not pregnant)

We've been holding out on you guys these past couple of weeks with some news that we want to share. It's something I've been thinking about for awhile but it took some time to decide if now was the right time. I've been toying with the idea of running the Huntsville Half Marathon on November 12, 2011, and as of Friday, October 7, 2011, I'm registered! See, told you I wasn't pregnant.

This is a pretty huge deal for me as it is my first half marathon. There's also a chance that Allan won't be in town for it so I will probably be running by myself (which is ok). Another reason that this is important to me is because I only started running in May and while I didn't tell anyone (even Allan) I secretly wanted to be able to run a half marathon in six months. I feel ready and this week's long run will be a test of how ready I am. I'm shooting for a 12 mile run this week and then 10 miles the following week leaving race week for me to see how my legs feel and possibly get a short run in there before the half.

So there you have it-I am running my first half marathon!!!! If you haven't entered our LARABAR GIVEAWAY check out this post for all the details and to enter!

20 comments:

  1. YAY!

    You're gonna do great!

    Earlier this year I started running and only wanted to run a 5K sub 30 minutes.

    When I pick up this goal again next year I may just have to add a half-marathon in there =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! What an awesome goal - you are going to kill it! Can't wait to read how the rest of your training goes leading up to the big day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, no babies!!!
    All the best for your half marathon. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful - I swear pregnancies are contagious -- Here on Maui anyway, so I'm always stoked went Aunt Flow is in town HAHA!! Anyway, you will do great--can't wait to hear all about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool!Good luck with your long runs - you're gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! That's awesome! You are going to do great!
    I am running a half marathon on that same day, so I will be sending you good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure glad you put in the blog title that you're not pregnant or that's what I would have been expecting to see! :) But seriously...you got this, girl! You've been training hard and I know you can do it. Can't wait to see you at the start and finish line. Your first race medal and finisher's shirt...woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hold the phone! You just started running and you already did a 15K and are about to do a half? You are my hero! You should be super proud of yourself - you will do fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! This is the same day I am running my first ever full, so we can cheer each other on!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok NOT going to lie. I read the first part of your title and got a little excited. Then I read the part in parentheses and got a little sad. LOL

    ANYWHO....Your gonna do awesome! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm already planning my next half. THey rock and so will you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll love it! Halfs are my favorite races and you'll definitely be ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it.. and live vicariously through you. Cause we all know I'm not about to run one...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! Good luck to you! The Huntsville Half was my first half marathon too.:) It is a beautiful course. I will be running it this year as well. We should meet up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck on your first half!!! You're going to do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited! I LOVE the half marathon distance. It's far and hard but attainable. Can't wait to hear how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YEAH!!! so excited for you! can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!