Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Diva Night at Fleet Feet

If you live in a city where there is a Fleet Feet store and you have not attended one of their Diva Night events you are really missing out on scoring great discounts on top of the line running tops, shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. Not to mention if you are lucky enough to live close to my store here in Huntsville, AL, you also have the opportunity to support a great charity at Diva Night and have chances to win prizes. Tonight's theme was a Fall Festival and tickets to play games were $5 apiece. Shame on me but I didn't take any pictures while I was there. I didn't want to be "that girl" running around with her camera while everyone else was shopping, trying on clothes, playing games, and enjoying all the free snacks and drinks. Tonight I spent $70 on tickets (all of that money went to The Arthritis Foundation) to use in the Duck Pond where I could win a small or medium prize (you were guaranteed to win a prize here) or I could try my luck with the Fortune Teller where I could win one of the grand prizes or a deck of cards.

Here's what my Diva Night Fall Festival tickets won me!
I know you probably can't see everything really clearly so let me break it down for you:
  • Fleet Feet tote bag (not pictured)
  • Fleet Feet water bottle with Halloween candy in it (sweet tooth anyone?!)
  • Puma red thing that I can't find out what its purpose is-any guesses?
  • Kavu purse & matching clutch/wallet
  • Spibelt armband (I've been wanting one of these soooo bad!)
  • Puma water bottle filled with Gu chomps and Gu brew
  • Nathan pink water bottle that came with 2 extra straws
  • 2 decks of Brooks cards
  • Skirt Sports bag
  • 2 packs of Brooks pins
  • Brooks pen & bracelet
  • Mini Body Glide
  • Goodie bag of mini Body Glide, pencil, Patagonia chapstick, & Moving Comfort nail file/mirror
  • 2 Gu energy gels
  • US Army MWR water bottle with Gu gel & Gu brew
  • Superfeet sandals (not pictured-they had to order them for me & they retail for $90 which is crazy!!)
  • Two pair of Tifosi sunglasses (I'm keeping the pink ones for me and giving the silver ones to my sister)
  • Mizuno Wave Rider 14's (yes, you are not seeing things-I won a FREE PAIR OF MIZUNOS!!!)
These are definitely going to be my loudest running shoes but hey why pick plain colors when they are free?!

I'm so excited to go on my first run with my new shoes!
For over two years I sold shoes at Just for Feet and Mizuno was one of the brands that we only carried a few of and I never got around to buying a pair for myself. I own Nike, New Balance, Adidas, Brooks, Puma, Reebok, and now Mizuno. With this new pair my running shoe count is up to 20! I have high arches and luckily I don't over or under pronate. However, I do own 4 pairs of inserts (thanks to my days at JFF) that I can always throw in if I'm in love with the cosmetics of a shoe but not necessarily the arch support. Over the years I have found that as long as I have good arch support then the shoe will be fine for me.

Still can't believe I was able to score the purse and matching clutch/wallet!
Needless to say I was pretty amazed that I was able to be so lucky and win 4 of the grand prizes: Mizuno running shoes, Superfeet sandals, and 2 pairs of Tifosi sunglasses. These four items alone retail for at least $300!!! Not to mention all the other prizes I won which probably total over $100!!

I'd love to say I chose these because I saw they came with 4 sets of changeable lens but no it's because they're pink!
 
Diva Night put me in a better mood after learning that my sweet cat that I have had since I was 12 has passed away. He had been missing for two weeks and my dad found him Monday. He had gone under the house to lay down and go to sleep one last time. He didn't get sick at the end or get injured (he has a tendency to get in scuffles with other animals) so I couldn't ask for a more peaceful way for him to leave this world. I will miss him though. I've never had a cat like Toby and I don't imagine I ever will again.

He was mad at me and refused to look at the camera

Playing under the fig tree at the farm
RIP Toby: August 15, 1996-October 4, 2011

10 comments:

  1. I am going to Diva Night tomorrow at our Fleet Feet! I am so excited as this will be my first one.

    I hate with pets pass. It's so sad and such a hard thing to accept. They are family :( I am sorry. Pets are a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat! I'm glad he went peacefully but it is still so hard to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear about your cat! it sounds like he lived a long, peaceful and happy life. hope you are doing okay!

    i have never heard of diva night so I need to totally look into this as there is a fleet feet close to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your cat :( But I love your shoes!!! And your sunglasses!!! I'm in desperate need of sunglasses to run in…I might have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have definite running-shoe envy! Though I can't believe 20 pairs. Very sorry to hear about your cat, but it sounds as though you gave him a great life and the ending was peaceful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad face. I am SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR CAT. I wish I could give you a HUGE HUG.

    PS - I gave you a shout out on my blog today.

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your cat.

    Your loot is amazing! And FREE shoes??? I wish we had an event like this!

    On a tangent- I LOVE loud running shoes. My next pair is going to be the brightest, loudest, and of course best fitting pair I can find! It just makes running for me seem more of a happy and joyous event versus just another workout. I am in love with the color of those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shoes! You scored big time! The colours are totally awesome.

    Sorry to hear about your cat... :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you got a ton of stuff for $70!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm sorry about your cat :(

    your swag is amazing! i love mizuno wave's and those colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!