Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, September 16, 2011

What's New Around the House

Last week I snagged some great finds at TJMaxx and Marshall's. I lucked out and went to Marshall's when they had yellow tag clearance items and got GREAT deals. I'm talking baby clothes that ranged from $.30-$3 (several of the items are Polo) and Calvin Klein shorts for me that were $7. This week I made another round to the thrift stores where I found several books, 3 garden flags, and another bookcase.

Hawaiian Wind Chime I scored at TJMaxx for $7.50

It's hanging right outside of our big window in the den where I normally work from-makes me think of Jenn!

I had seen this little red treasure on a previous trip and picked it up on my second trip for $10

Bookcase-Goodwill $35: love the color and the red is the perfect pop of color!
The flags will make their appearance on the blog as the seasons change and we put them out. I also found 55 books this week and paid less than $25 for all of them!!! Several will be given as gifts but I did find several for myself. I'm anxious to have time to curl up in my big chair in the library with a large cup of coffee and a great book to read!

Anything new at your house?

6 comments:

  1. I'm seriously gonna have to go on a hunt for places "like" TJ Maxx and thrift-like stores -- as far as I know, Maui just doesn't have AMAZING deals like that! We have a Ross, but I have only been there once...maybe I'll start there LOL!!

    I absolutely LOVE the wind chime -- I can't believe I don't have one (love the sound bamboo makes) so that will be my first purchase FOR SURE! Then it'll make me think of you:)

    Thanks for entering my giveaway (http://tinyurl.com/638j7sk) I can't wait to see who wins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I've always wanted a wind chime but have never pulled the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have something new at my house! I live at tJ Maxx and Marshalls....oh and home goods too! I just bought a few things to decorate my new in house office. 2 Owls and some book ends that I LOVE! Looks like you got some amazing finds!

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went yard sale shopping this morning. Got a few clothes and toys for Ali. I love great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to find such great items! No great finds here this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!