Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

So Glad Today is our Friday!

We have finally made it to our Friday and we couldn't be happier. Allan has been working so much that I am starting to live like I'm single again. I keep the dogs close by, watch my shows that he hates, and don't cook at all. Did I mention that it's much easier to keep the house clean when it's just me? Tonight is going to be crazy because neither of us have packed and poor Allan has laundry to do whenever he manages to make it home. We each do our own laundry here (even though I offered to help him today but he said no). I split mine into several loads and hardly put anything in the dryer and Allan approaches laundry with a type of reckless abandon that leaves me fearful of what his clothes will look like when he's done with them.

Credit
Credit

These little sad faces will be quite sad to see us load both cars and take off in the morning but our sweet neighbors will be taking care of them so we know they are in good hands. Hopefully Lucky will eat while we are away and I pray Sasha doesn't try to manipulate them into giving her extra food. Be sweet my little loves!

In their nite nite room AKA laundry room
On a more somber note I had a terrible dream last night and I could tell when I woke up this morning that I had cried in my sleep last night. It left me thinking of a dear friend who passed away years and gave me a moment to thank God for incidents where he has spared our loved ones when it could have easily been their time. That led to me to thinking about our sweet niece born premature last October and all the prayers we prayed for her to eat more so she could grow, fight off illness, and be able to go home before her original due date in January. Our prayers were answered and today she is getting closer and closer to her first birthday party but we realize that not everyone who has a son, daughter, niece, nephew, granddaughter, or grandson born premature is as blessed.

One of the first pictures of our niece

As I sat reading other blog posts this morning I ran across a story of a family who was not so fortunate losing one twin at birth and another a month later. They were born at 21 weeks while the family was on vacation and their lives have been turned upside down. I don't know this family personally but I can only imagine the pain they have experienced and the struggles they have gone through and have yet to go through. Please visit this blog and check out what these people are doing to lend support to a family in need. Several individuals and companies are lending support as well as donating their products to a giveaway for those who lend their support too.

We hope as your embrace the holiday weekend that you take stock of all you have in your life to be grateful for. Too often we lose sight of the big picture and how many blessings we have in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the Love to Zaria fundraiser. I really appreciate your help spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!