Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Toes in the Sand and a Golf Ball in my Hand

Before we began our mini golf adventure we had a little TCBY and check out the picture below for what my favorite flavor is! We used a Living Social purchase for 2 All-Day Passes for Pirate's Island Adventure Golf and had a blast. We split 1-1 and Allan was too hot to play a third round and determine a winner. I could have sweated through another 18 holes for bragging rights! Both courses were fun with enough easy and difficult holes to keep us entertained and for me to get 3 hole-in-ones on one of the courses. The staff was really friendly and the manager told us to make ourselves at home which we most certainly did for a couple of hours as the competition and temperature heated up. I can't wait to go back and play again. This time I'm going 2-0!!!
 
TCBY in Gulf Shores has my strawberry cheesecake 98% fat free frozen yogurt!!!
Allan with the pirate
Taking some fun pictures
Allan says I look like I have no clothes on which is NOT the case
Love this place!!!
There was even a pirate ship!!!
Allan acting all professional and what not
We finally made it down to the beach this year and thank goodness because if Allan had to wait much longer to run on the beach, swim in the gulf, and lay on the sand I think he would have driven down to the beach and back in a day just for a few moments on the beach. We were fortunate to be able to stay with my best friend's grandparents who have been my surrogate grandparents for years. They graciously opened their home to us for our mini vacation and we had a great time! They introduced us to restaurants like the Shrimp Basket and Wolf Bay Lodge that we will most certainly go back to in the near future! Shrimp Basket has AYCE Fish Monday and Thursday and Allan was able to put away 12 pieces of white fish and catfish while I had my fill of their yummy cole slaw, hushpuppies, and corn nuggets. I would go back just for the corn nuggets! We ate at Wolf Bay Lodge twice for lunch while we were there. The salad bar was filled with spinach and mixed greens and all the salad extras you could want! There were also deviled eggs, chicken salad, carrot raisin salad, tuna salad, and the best pineapple I've eaten in my life!


Allan heading out for a swim
Sign at the beach-wish we could have seen sea turtles
View of the beach
The sunnier part of the sky
I was trying to catch the dolphins swimming-they were so beautiful!
Where I spent most of my morning
Allan playing in the surf like a little kid
Nearly every trip to the beach in recent memory that takes us up I-65 is marked with one tradition: a stop at Priester's Pecans for fiddesticks, other yummy goodies, and various Auburn items that I can't find anywhere else. Nicole and I have been known to find a purse that we couldn't live without and Allan found an Auburn bottle opener on this particular trip along with dark chocolate fiddlesticks, white chocolate covered pecans for Margie, and other goodies we will share with you all soon!

The last stop before breaking at my parents is Priester's Pecans

2 comments:

  1. loveeeeee the recap!! and I'm drooling for some fiddesticks!! thanks to you girl, I now know what I'm missing haha!! yum yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day and saying hello - I love meeting new blog-peeps! :)

    You had my attention immediately with those huge bowls of frozen yogurt! I eat way too much of that out here, but it does help to know when things are 98% fat free! ;)

    Looks like you and your Hubs had a fun time at the beach - love all the photos...and I gotta be honest, it kind of does look like you are nekkid in that one picture! :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Aloha,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!