Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thunder Dog Review



Thunder Dog by Michael Hingson is truly a heart warming recount of a man and his dog and how they survived September 11, 2001, walking down 78 flights of stairs to safety. As Michael's story unfolds we are taken step by step through his day and he intertwines stories of his past in relation to the day's events. The reader is given a unique eye into everything Michael and Roselle, his guide dog, saw that fateful day even though Michael himself saw none of those events through his eyes. For me, this book was the first eye witness account of September 11 that I've been able to read. Perhaps it was the yellow lab on the cover that drew me in since I have two of my own yellow labs at home but whatever the reason I'm so glad that I picked this book. In addition to being a wonderful story it made me feel better knowing that many of the things Michael talks about that he wished sighted people would do I have done when my path has crossed with someone visually impaired. If you want to read a wonderfully written account of a September 11 World Trade Center survivor and gain powerful insight into the world of blind people then I cannot recommend this book enough.

I received this book from BookSneeze in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to read this book! I won an advanced reader copy. I have a couple of other books to finish first!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!