|Some of my Thrift Store finds-average cost per book is $.50|
1. Asbury Thrift Store-I found 11 books at this location. Their children's paperbacks are $.25, adult paperbacks $.50, and adult hardbacks $1. They have lots of clothes, knick knacks, and furniture as well. They recently moved to a new location that is really clean and very well organized. It's on my list of places to go back to.
|Anita Shreve is a new author that I'm about to try|
2. Greater Humane Society of Huntsville Thrift Store-I only found one book on this trip but I've found several there in the past. They have a great selection of books, clothes, and knick knacks but are limited on furniture due to space. Their proceeds support the Humane Society so we will be shopping there again.
3. Goodwill Thrift Store-I only found one book here as well. The store was a little junky and their book selection was a little limited. They also had clothes, furniture, and lots of knick knacks. Not sure I will make the drive to South Huntsville to visit this one again.
|The small books are a present for our niece's 1st birthday-books we think every little child should read|
|This new bookcase was a great find at $24 at our local Salvation Army-real wood and beautiful detail at the top|
|My new Yoga Exercise System that I found for $1.99!!!|
7. Neighborhood Store-Although I didn't find anything here it was a pretty nice store with books and a decent furniture selection as well as clothes and knick knacks. The prices I saw on items seemed a little high so I may not go back to this one.
8. Saving Way & Encore Furniture-these two stores are connected and the furniture selection and prices at Encore were comparable to that of other thrift stores. Saving Way was a little cluttered and I didn't find anything amongst the small book selection or knick knacks. Unless I'm looking for furniture I probably won't go back here.
|Two of these are on the list for our local book club next year|
10. ARK Thrift Store-This is the only thrift store I was really disappointed in and it wasn't the selection or the cleanliness but the rudeness of the two ladies working. I didn't do enough research to know whether or not all of these places took cash or if they took credit cards too. I don't carry cash so I was out of luck here and the ladies were rude about it. I had found a Thanksgiving garden flag that was $1 and I may go back for it. This thrift store supports the no kill shelter which is a wonderful cause and I wish I felt more compelled to return there to shop.
|Several of these are gifts but Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors|
12. Breaking Free Thrift Store-My experience at this store made my day yesterday! They had the biggest book selection of all the stores as well as several pieces of furniture, clothing, and knick knacks.I found 4 books that I really wanted and when I got to the register and saw the sign about $20 minimum purchases on credit/debit purchases my heart sank. I knew I should have gotten cash at the ATM just minutes earlier but I didn't. The sweet lady behind the counter bagged up the books and told me she would cover it and to have a blessed day. She introduced herself as Becky and I will definitely be back on the day that she normally works to thank her and repay her for her kindness.
13. Sacks on 72 Thrift Store-not least but last is one of the best overall thrift stores I visited. It was very well organized and all their books were only $.50 apiece regardless of whether they were paperback or hardback. I also found a picture frame and the two fall decorations that I couldn't put down. This thrift store supports several local charities and is one I will definitely be going back to soon.
|At $.50 apiece who could say no to these?!|
All in all I spent $46.14 at the 9 thrift stores I made purchases at. The 36 books I purchased were a total of $17.99 making them $.50 apiece. What a great deal!!! I highly recommend that you get out and check out your local thrift stores. Even if you aren't someone who loves to read, will wear clothes from a thrift store, or needs a new piece of furniture you will probably be able to find something you want or books for the readers in your life.
Let us know if you have great thrift store finds of your own!