Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fresh-Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson-A Must Read!


Fresh-Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson is a wonderful read that I will want to savor over and over and share with friends and family. Although this book could have easily been finished in one sitting it is one that I recommend reading slowly and taking the time to reflect on each and every chapter. There are numerous quotes included in bold on several pages and I was excited to see some of my favorites in many of the chapters.  “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” –Helen Keller



Nicole made me take a long, hard look into several facets of my life while giving me ways to improve my relationships, my moments of anger, and my outlook on personal beauty. One of my favorite aspects of the book was the emphasis on taking time for yourself, family, friends, and husband. Never again will I feel guilty for neglecting the dusting for a good book, the laundry for a coffee date with a friend, or work to play outside with my husband and our dogs. I truly feel that every woman should pick this up and take the time to read what Nicole is sharing. You won't view yourself, how you structure your day, or your relationships the same way again!

I received this book from Booksneeze in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great book--I'll have to check it out!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the cover of this book -- now I want to read it that much more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!