Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Movies & A Great Workout Day

Rainy days are perfect for movies and after not sleeping well last night all I wanted to do this morning was curl up and watch a movie. I started off my day watching Water for Elephants which I really enjoyed. It's set in 1931 and I love the clothing from that era so I thoroughly enjoyed all of Reese Witherspoon's outfits in the movie. She's one of my favorite actresses and she did a wonderful job playing this role. I'm looking forward to reading the book next year in our book club at the local library.






This afternoon I went to the $1 movies again to see Soul Surfer. I have been anxiously awaiting this one since it is based on a true story. I can honestly say I don't ever see myself surfing but I think it's fascinating and incredibly difficult. Bethany Hamilton is the surfer whose personal story this movie is based on. Watching this movie makes me anxious to get our visit to Hawaii in as soon as possible to see Jenn and experience some of the beautiful beaches they showcased in this movie. This is a great movie for the entire family, children included. They do a great job of keeping the shark bite aftermath and blood to a minimum. Bethany has a blog if you want to check it out!



When I got home from the movies I decided I better get my run in for the day and I'm not sure what happened once I hit 1.25 miles but I kept on going alternating running at 5.5-5.7 mph for 2-3 minutes and then walking at 4.0 mph for no more than a minute. I stopped at 3.25 miles in 40 minutes which is a 12 minutes mile (not great but I'm working on speed!). After my run I drank some water and decided to test out one of my pilates DVD's that I hadn't used yet which gave me 30 minutes of pilates in addition to my run. I have to say that today I was tired and the last thing I wanted to do was run and do pilates but then I remembered what I read yesterday (can't remember for the life of me where though) about deserving to have time every day to work out. It made me feel like I'm cheating myself by skipping out on running and working out. Maybe that's why I felt like running further today!

While I'm mentioning other people that have been inspiring my health and fitness journey that I've started I should give them some credit. Olivia Ward, winner of Biggest Loser Season 11, and her sister Hannah Curlee were my favorite people the entire season. I started following the two of them after the finale and I have been hoping they would start a blog and they did! It's called My Fitspiration and so far I've really enjoyed all of their posts. They are planning to review products (food and clothing), talk about their daily lives and their workouts, and anything else fun that they think everyone will enjoy reading. I've also been enjoying this blog which reviews a lot of clothing, workout DVD's, and foods as well as sharing personal success stories and other helpful bits of advice. Plus, the name Fit Bottomed Girls is pretty entertaining!

Olivia & Hannah before

Hannah & Olivia after

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear those two movies were awesome--I still haven't seen 'em, but have been wanting to FOREVER! I remember hearing the breaking news about Bethany like it was yesterday.. her testimony is so inspiring, I'm so proud of her--and thanks for sharing her blog--I had no idea!

    I'm proud of your work out achievements today girl! Those before and after pictures are ridiculously awesome.. good for them!!

    Come visit me soon!! xoox's

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never did pilates! Maybe next time though. Good job on everything you've accomplished! We are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveddd Water For Elephants and Reese's gorgeous dresses! The book was great and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie. So glad you saw my comment on My Fitspriation... I love those girls and I'm so glad they started a blog! Glad to find yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!