Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life in Spite of Me Book Review






Life in Spite of Me by Kristen Anderson with Tricia Goyer gives great insight into the mind of a struggling teenager girl unable to find a way to deal with what seems like insurmountable pain and suffering in her life. I expected as I read this book cover to cover in one sitting that I would understand more about why she attempted to take her own life. Even though there was background given I felt that there were things intentionally left unsaid and circumstances leading up to this moment that were only briefly discussed. I couldn't help feeling a little unsatisfied when I closed the book and reflected on the story that had unfolded. Overall it was okay and I would recommend it. This is the first novel I've read written from this perspective and in that respect it was very enlightening.

I received this book from Waterbook Multnomah in exchange for my honest review. Please take a chance to rate my review on their site by clicking here. You don't have to be another reviewer to rank my review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!