Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Greek Yogurt and its Many Uses

Recently on Hannah and Olivia's blog Olivia talked about Fage Greek Yogurt and the many ways you can incorporate it into your recipes. While I haven't purchased any Fage Greek Yogurt yet I did have some Dannon Greek Yogurt that I bought for our 4th of July pink yummy stuff (as a substitute for sour cream) so I thought I would give it a try and whip up something yummy after my bike ride this afternoon.

Step 1: Take 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and spoon it into a dish


 Step 2: Add fresh blueberries (these are from my family's farm)


Step 3: Add 1/3 cap of vanilla extract


Step 4: Add Splenda, Truvia, sugar, etc. to taste (I added a teaspoon which turned out to be just right). Stir and enjoy!


I realize there are SEVERAL ways to add fresh fruits and extracts to create the perfect flavor. Most people's argument with Greek yogurt is the taste and I can promise that if you eat plain Greek yogurt you will swear off Greek yogurt for life! Last weekend when we used it as a substitute for sour cream we all agreed that it actually tasted better than making it with sour cream. In the comments on Hannah and Olivia's blog you can read about several other ways that people take Greek Yogurt and make it their own.

I'd love to hear if you've tried Greek Yogurt and if so what kind!!!

1 comment:

  1. I heard fage is gooooooood, but haven't tried it yet either. Although--I'm quite loyal to CHO now! Check out my Chobani post http://tinyurl.com/6d3espo and grab a couple next time you're at the store! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!