Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Couch to 5K

Is it really already Wednesday?! Yesterday besides reading a few hundred pages in Stones from the River (which I didn't finish in time for Book Club but went anyway) I did Week 5 Workout 1 for the Couch to 5K Program. This workout is:

0-5 Warm-up walk
5-10 Run
10-13 Walk
13-18 Run
18-21 Walk
21-26 Run
26-30 Cool down walk

Yesterday's workout wasn't bad at all. This week I had to switch from doing the three workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to doing Tuesday and Thursday. Allan and I are running a 5K on Saturday morning and I always rest the day before a run. Before I started incorporating the Couch to 5K program into my workouts I was running at least 12-14 minutes without walking and getting in my distance of 1.0-1.5 as the weeks went on.

Week 5 Workout 2 is supposed to be:

0-5 Warm-up walk
5-13 Run
13-18 Walk
18-26 Run
26-30 Cool down walk

That won't be too terrible but Week 5 Workout 3 is supposed to be a 5 minute warm up walk, 20 minute run, and 5 minute cool down walk. I'm not sure that I'm ready to run 20 minutes without stopping but I think I'm going to try to do Workout 3 tomorrow instead of Workout 2 so I will be better prepared for the race on Saturday morning. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys are racking up the 5K's huh, girl--I love it! Good Luck!! And don't worry, you WILL be able to run 20 minutes consistently and it'll feel AMAZING!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!