Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, June 27, 2011

The One Day Way Book Review

A couple of weeks ago I shared with you all what I was reading and let you know I would be reading The One Day Way by Chantel Hobbs in this post.



This past weekend I took the book along for our trip and was hoping to get started on it so I could finish it this week. Well, I read the entire book in one day!

My review for Blogging for Books reads as follows :
"The One Day Way is a great book for those looking to live a healthier and more fit life or a great read for someone already on their way to being fit and healthy.

Chantel includes wonderful examples and personal success stories that really speak to the principles outlined in her book. I love that it speaks to those who look at losing weight as a complete overhaul that has to happen overnight. She encourages people to change one thing today such as switching a soft drink for water at lunch or meeting a friend at a park to walk instead of somewhere to sit and eat.

Focus on faith, food, and fitness and follow the commandments laid out for food and fitness and I think anyone will find themselves becoming a more fit and healthy individual!"

My favorite quote from the book is:
"You're the only one who can define the goals that will deliver the life you want."

Also "The Ten Commandments of the One-Day Way to Get Fit For Life
1. A great attitude isn't enough.
2. Believe that you were made to move.
3. Break a sweat every day.
4. Five days of cardio every week is nonnegotiable.
5. Intensity is important.
6. Something is better than nothing.
7. Results are a measure of personal progress.
8. Strength training three times a week is essential.
9. Recovery is required.
10. Figure out how to love exercise."


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.
If you get a chance to pick up a copy and read it let me know what you think! Also if you want to check out Bloggers for Books, read my review, and rank it here's the link. 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!