Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ahhh Friday

Normally Friday brings with it rest and some time to relax and unwind. That's not really the case in our house. Thanks to me we have a tendency to have "projects" to do around the house on the weekend if we are in town. I try to schedule lots of trips to see friends and family and most of those trips involve us leaving on Friday and coming back late Sunday or possibly even Monday. Working from home gives me the flexibility to do my work at different times throughout the day or evening so finding time to do yard work and housework isn't a big deal for me but I know the last thing Allan wants to do when he gets home from work is "Let's clean!"

Knowing we would be going home to the farm this weekend I've been working like crazy outside to get the grass cut and the old weed barrier and mulch pulled out. I was able to get all that done yesterday and this morning I spent quite awhile on the sidewalks. The people that lived here before us did not know how to clean the grass and weeds out around the edge of the sidewalk and we finally started tackling that a month ago. It's taken two trips around the inside and outside of the sidewalk with our neighbor's edger but we are finally almost able to see all of the sidewalk. This morning I got out the clumps that Allan had cut last weekend and I swept everything into piles. It's too hot for me to rake and bag it right now so that will have to wait until later this afternoon before we leave.

Next week we will hopefully get to lay down the new weed barrier and mulch and I will have some pictures to show you all of how much better it looks. I'm also planning to learn how to operate the weed eater which promises to be entertaining. I'm terrified of those things and there will be probably be some screaming during the learning process. Say a prayer for us this weekend as we will be working on the deck at the farm tomorrow. Also keep Allan in your thoughts and prayers. He is going to have his wisdom teeth taken out this summer and his mouth is starting to bother him so it looks like surgery will be sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. 1) I am SO sorry I haven't called you--I've been suuuuper busy & the time difference SUCKS! Know that I love and miss you and we'll catch up soon! In the mean time--thank goodness for blogs!

    2) Your weed eater training sesh should definitely be video taped! Seriously! Good stuff!!

    3) Super bummed for Allan and his wisdom teeth.. that is just a traumatic experience if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rewarding it will be when everything is finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!