Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day and the Last Day of May!

Good evening everyone!

My intention was to get online and post last night but alas the time got away from me and before I knew it we were next door eating grass-fed beef (NY strip steaks-yum!), pita chips and hummus, salad, and potato salad to celebrate Memorial Day. To start the day Allan and I ran the Cotton Row 5K. We ran it last year and that was my first 5K ever. This year's race was my fourth and not my best time but I ran it in 38:27. I really wanted to beat 37:43 (my PR) but I suppose that will have to wait for another race. Allan, however, was amazing and finished in 24:49 breaking his PR by over 30 seconds! I was really proud of him as he was of me. After the race we hung around to see a dear friend receive her medal for placing 3rd in her age group. So proud of her-she's my inspiration in the running world! We rested until dinner time and I was fast asleep by 9:15.

Today was my first day volunteering 8-4 at the hospital. I'm helping out and doing some extra shifts in the summer while people are on vacation and they are short on help. It was a fast day and before I knew it I was back in the truck and on my way to the gym. I know I haven't been using my free gym membership as often as I had hoped but I'm working on changing that. Trying to get there twice a week instead of once a week. I hopped on the treadmill not sure if I would run my mile today since we had run the 5K yesterday. 43 minutes and 3.4 miles later I got off the treadmill, did 4 of the machines to work out my arms, and got on the bike. I biked 22 minutes which was only 4 miles but I'll be honest I was on my phone checking facebook and catching up on blog posts from today (bad, I know!). Needless to say my focus was not on my speed! After the bike I decided I could do some more jogging so I got back on the treadmill and jogged 11 more minutes at 5.0 mph. I'm fairly confident that I haven't run this much since freshman year when I was working out for Spring Break so I could look cute for Allan (great story that I'll share later!).

This is Week 4 of my health and fitness goals I set for myself earlier this month and I feel healthier already. I am making an effort to eat more fruits and veggies, drink more water, and exercise 5-6 days a week (at least running a mile if nothing else). Allan always tells me not to worry about what the scale says and just be healthy but it's nice to see a 1 lb loss 3 weeks in a row! Tomorrow morning I'm going to my first yoga class with a sweet friend and I'm anxious to share with all of you how that experience goes!

I'd love to hear from you guys about your workout routine, tips for eating healthy, etc. Have a great night and Go Mavericks!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Suz! Let me know how your yoga experience goes.. I absolutely love it, but it truly depends on the instructor. I'm also a pilates whore, and if you EVER get the chance, go to Bikram Yoga--it's heated yoga and it's intense, but it is AWESOME!

    I can't wait to hear about this look-cute-for-Allan-story! Spill! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!