Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Groupon and Living Social

Good morning and Happy Monday to everyone!

After a really great weekend I'm up and at it (with my coffee, of course) and ready to get this week started. Today I wanted to share a couple of sites I check every day for deals in my area and areas where I have friends or family or will be visiting. I have both of their apps on my iphone and with the app I never even have to print a voucher or certificate I receive for the deal I purchase. Some of the cities have deals that anyone anywhere can buy since you are really just ordering that deal online. A couple of the blogs I follow such as The Krazy Coupon Lady highlight the deals in other cities besides your own where you can buy the deal.




Last month I was able to get Cosmo for $8 through Living Social and because three of my friends bought the deal I got mine for free. With Living Social after you purchase the deal they will email you a link that you can send out to your friends or post on facebook and if someone purchases the deal through your link it counts toward the three that you need to get the deal for free. Some of the other deals I've purchased through Living Social include: $30 voucher for Wintzell's Seafood that was only $15, 2 tickets to Huntsville Ballet's Stars & Stripes for only $22, $14 for 4 tickets to the Crawfish Boil here, $10 for $20 of TCBY in Nashville, and $20 for a UPaint class which is similar to Sips N Strokes. If you are interested in signing up for Living Social here's a link where you can get 5 deal bucks on your first deal.



Groupon works a little different (there's no deal where you can get friends to purchase the deal and you get yours free). With Groupon there tends to be more deals for each city especially larger cities. With Groupon if enough people don't buy the deal then you don't get it which is one downside. However the prices for deals do seem to be more competitive. I haven't bought as many deals from Groupon but the ones that I have are really great deals: $25 for $75 of services from Wayne's Environmental Services (who we ended up hiring for our termite protection and lawn treatment to kill our weeds), $25 for $50 to diapersdirect.com (they carry lots of products besides diapers), $14 for 2 all-day passes at Pirate's Island Adventure  in Gulf Shores (we are going there for a wedding in August), and $8 for 3 rounds of mini golf at USA Mini Golf in Opelika (something we always wanted to do when we lived in Auburn but never did). Here's the link to sign up for Groupon and see what great deals your city has to offer.



Living Social and Groupon are both very affordable ways of planning ahead for special occasions, dinners, vacations, or even gifts for other people. In most cases it allows us to do something we would have liked to do for half the cost. You can also gift the vouchers from both so you can check out cities where you have friends and family and perhaps find a great deal on a massage, dance class, nice restaurant, etc. Even if you don't sign up for either at least give them a look. I promise you won't be disappointed because even if the deals today don't appeal to you the one tomorrow just might!

3 comments:

  1. I love Groupon and Living Social. Of course, I always love a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by From Snowflakes To Hotcakes today to enter our contest for the It's a Blessing bracelet! I'm glad you visited! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On this topic, I find it interesting that amongst all the comparisons between flash sale sites like Groupon, LivingSocial, Gilt, Jetsetter, etc. and their advertising strategies, their daily email marketing strategy is very good.
    groupon vs living social

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!