Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Allan's cooking skills at work!

I don't give Allan the credit he's due for the excellent cooking he spoils me with. Now before I start let me say that we share in the cooking. We both have our special dishes that we enjoy making. I love to bake and I'd have to say my desserts are what I'm most comfortable baking. Allan likes to try new recipes and usually is the one to switch up the seasoning or marinade for the meat.

Last night we finally celebrated our anniversary and Allan grilled a pair of ribeyes, cooked up Boston style baked beans, and served a green salad. For dessert we had coconut creme pie. Jenn-I apologize for my lack of pictures. You've taught me well but I've neglected your teachings! Everything was delicious and I enjoyed it so much more than a fancy dinner out. Allan cooked for our anniversary last year so I think it's safe to say this will be a tradition in our marriage.

I'd also like to add that Allan had a lot of patience with me yesterday as we shopped at Publix, Kroger, and Wal-Mart. While we were out we got new mulch and weed barrier so be on the lookout for before and after pictures of the flowerbeds. We saved $150 yesterday which was pretty impressive. Our pantry, refrigerator, and freezer are stocked and the dogs have plenty of food too! We also picked up weed killer and bug spray that Allan sprays around the house periodically to keep the bugs away. We picked up several household items that we had coupons for and will need before the summer is over. All in all-a great shopping trip!

Tonight Allan was back in the kitchen preparing an apple bourbon pork tenderloin, squash, zucchini, and whole wheat biscuits. Yum, yum!

Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm drooling at just the sound of all the amazing food--I can only imagine the amazing pictures you could have had! haha!! Baby steps, but I'm expecting pictures in future posts;)

    Hoping you all have a fantastic holiday weekend--I love and miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!