Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend!!

Allan and I were very blessed this past weekend being able to leave Thursday night and not return until early this afternoon. Thursday night we made the relatively short trip to Allan's Mom's house (Mimi is what the grandbabies and granddogs call her). After unloading ourselves and the dogs we discussed our plans for Friday and went to bed.

Friday was a full day to say the least. We got up at 6 to drive over to ATL for the Temple Open House. Having never been inside a LDS temple myself nor having any prior knowledge of what to expect my mind was a blank canvas of sorts. I was blown away by the exquisite architecture, immense detail in the woodwork, bright white lighting that made me feel like there was sunshine inside, and sparkling crystal chandeliers. My favorite (which is no surprise) was the baptismal font on the backs of 12 white oxen. Cows and oxen are pretty similar in my book so this was quite exciting. I could not think of a better way to spend a Good Friday then being in a place where one can't help but feel closer to God. The grounds are beautiful and as I learned are open to the public during the temple's normal hours.

By this time we were starving and Allan was choosing our lunch destination as part of his birthday celebration. He saw Brazil on a sign and we were off. Fire de Brazil is a Brazilian steakhouse AKA churrascuria. It was amazing and a great price considering everything we had to eat on the buffet and the 8 meats that they brought out. After lunch we stopped by Perimeter Mall to pick up a couple of the reusable Mickey bags the Disney store gave away (I mentioned these in an earlier blog post).Allan also found a white dress shirt on sale at Express where we ran into a sweet friend from Auburn. We got dropped off in Leeds and headed over to the outlets with Adam, Jodi, and Ali. It was Ali's first trip to the outlets with Uncle Allan and Aunt Suz! I hope there are many more fun events with her in our future! Allan got a few work shirts and I got some workout clothes and a few other things that were on crazy clearance as I like to say. By the time Allan's mom picked us up we were all exhausted. Not too exhausted for some TCBY on the way home though! They stayed up and watched Tron with Adam and Jodi and I went to bed.

On Saturday we headed south to my parent's farm with a Lowe's stop on the way to pick up one of the free trees they were giving away. It's a Spruce Pine that will have to grow in a pot for awhile until it's ready for planting on the farm. Saturday afternoon was spent cleaning out flowerbeds which was an exhausting 5-hour task.

Sunday morning was great. We went to church at PBC where our family has gone since 1996. Brother Gary is the Pastor that married Allan and I so it was great to see him and his family. My two families that I babysat for so many years were there as well as several other friends (young and old) that I hadn't seen in too long. Many of the older couples that my sister and I befriended over the years have had to adjust to living alone or with their children since losing their spouse. I had the pleasure of meeting an old friend's daughter who is gorgeous! It's still strange to think of how many of my childhood friends are parents now. Sunday afternoon we did some pressure washing and Allan took Lucky and the newly shaved Sasha to the pond to swim.

Today we made a pit stop in Hoover so Allan could cut the grass. When we got home our lily and tulip that we potted Thursday had bloomed and so had our rose bush! There are lots of great pictures that are a post by themselves so keep an eye out tonight!

1 comment:

  1. YES! jenjen wants PICTURES!!! Sounded like a FABULOUS long weekend--I love those:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!